Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Are we the Cubs of the NFL?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need help brothers because I'm losing my mind here. Are we the loveable losers now, are we cursed?

I honestly believe if this franchise drafted Andrew luck he would have torn his ACL 2 years in a row and been out the league.

I'm not saying that would have happen but it feels like we are in paradise lost and theirs no end in sight.

Ask your self this question honestly what team can we beat?

Quote:I need help brothers because I'm losing my mind here. Are we the loveable losers now, are we cursed?

I honestly believe if this franchise drafted Andrew luck he would have torn his ACL 2 years in a row and been out the league.

I'm not saying that would have happen but it feels like we are in paradise lost and theirs no end in sight.

Ask your self this question honestly what team can we beat?
We aren't loveable and we just suck.  We are the Jags/Browns of the NFL.
PS not sold on Bortles being the savior yet. As bad as Gabbert was he didn't throw 6 Ints in 2 1/2 games

Just learn to embrace losing and binge drinking.  

We are the Aints when the Saints sucked.  The Bucs when they had the ugly bright orange jerseys. The Lions before Barry Sanders.  The LA Clippers of the 80's, 90's.

We definitely aren't loveable. Usually small-market underdogs get sympathy, but the Jags actually get shat on.

I believe if you had to bet the 0-16 lions beat this team by 2 TD

HA! Awwww man it's getting tough.

Quote:PS not sold on Bortles being the savior yet. As bad as Gabbert was he didn't throw 6 Ints in 2 1/2 games
As bad as the o-line has been and despite having rookie recievers and a crappy OC, at least Blake Bortles takes shots downfield, so I believe that for now..at his current phase in the NFL, those picks can be justified, whether he's taking a shot downfield (which Gabbert didn't) or learning from mistakes.
Cubs win games, just playoffs are few and far between.. 

We are a lot worse than the Cubs. We are the worst franchise in any sport

At least we got the biggest scoreboards in the world and little swimming pools.

Quote:We are a lot worse than the Cubs. We are the worst franchise in any sport

Let's not go that far yet.. Last time I checked, 0-16 hasn't been obtained yet.. 
Quote:PS not sold on Bortles being the savior yet. As bad as Gabbert was he didn't throw 6 Ints in 2 1/2 games
That is because Gabbert had a hard time throwing interceptions wincing in the fetal position when defenders came at him or he would have topped 6 interceptions in far less than 2 1/2 games.

Bortles is far from perfect, but at least he stands tall in the pocket even with the rooky wideouts and sorry line around him. It can only get better (can.t get much worse than no wins and loosing by mostly double digits - we did improve on that aspect of the game).
100 more years of this and we'll be the Cubs.
Quote:That is because Gabbert had a hard time throwing interceptions wincing in the fetal position when defenders came at him or he would have topped 6 interceptions in far less than 2 1/2 games.

Bortles is far from perfect, but at least he stands tall in the pocket even with the rooky wideouts and sorry line around him. It can only get better (can.t get much worse than no wins and loosing by mostly double digits - we did improve on that aspect of the game).
Our rooky's are killing us this year.
Quote:100 more years of this and we'll be the Cubs.

Hope everyone is buckled in.

My brain will be uploaded to a computer by the time we finally win. By then we will have the all-pro QB Zyyzzax Xixplaco from Mars University  and the star RB Johnny Brobot IV™ designed and manufactured by Google™.

Quote:Hope everyone is buckled in.

My brain will be uploaded to a computer by the time we finally win. By then we will have the all-pro QB Zyyzzax Xixplaco from Mars University and the star RB Johnny Brobot IV™ designed and manufactured by Google™.

I bet Johnny Brobot is nowhere near as good as Fred Taylor.
Quote:As bad as the o-line has been and despite having rookie recievers and a crappy OC, at least Blake Bortles takes shots downfield, so I believe that for now..at his current phase in the NFL, those picks can be justified, whether he's taking a shot downfield (which Gabbert didn't) or learning from mistakes.

I haven't seen any real shots down field in the past 2 games.
Quote:Let's not go that far yet.. Last time I checked, 0-16 hasn't been obtained yet.. 

Not yet, but it is certainly attainable.