Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gus Bradley Needs Some Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Through the first 20 games of is head coaching career in Jacksonville,  Jack Del Rio was 8-12 compared to the 4-16 record Gus Bradley produced thus far. The situations that both Coach Jack Del Rio and Coach Gus Bradley walked into were eerily similar, with the main difference being that Coach Del Rio was never passed over for the North Dakota State head coaching job prior to getting an NFL job. It is blatantly apparent to me that Coach Bradley is a great football mind who needs a mentor and some immediate guidance. 

So who to tutor and mentor Coach Bradley?  It's football season, and most everyone whom would be practical or capable are obviously tied up with various football responsibilities. I have an "outside the box" idea that I really believe might work. For as dumb, idiotic and ridiculous that soccer is, the one rule they do have that makes sense is the ability to loan a player to another club at different points in the season. For example,according to section 7.2 and rule M.6 in the English Premier League players on loan are not permitted to play against the team which holds their registration. My thought is if they can lend players, why not borrow coaches? Why don't we see if we can't borrow someone with a higher pedigree to come in and help out? Keeping in mind that according to this rule we couldn't borrow someone whom we were to compete against this year, the first person who comes to my mind is Jack Del Rio. Coach Del Rio could come in 1 day per week and hold accountability sessions via skype with Gus Bradley the other 2-3 days per week. At this point, Denver's defense is on cruise control and I'm sure they wouldn't have any issue as we don't play each other until the playoffs. Learning from the winningest coach in the history of our organization would undoubtedly help and could be all it would take to turn the tide. Another coach who comes to mind is Santos Buda, Head Coach of the Omaha Mammouths. Being from this area I'm a little biased about  high abilityl level, but I know this would scenario would be beneficial to Coach Bradley. The Mammouths would probably want some sort of agreement where the Jags couldn't hire him but  based on the fact that Santos has surrounded himself with a Who's Who of coaches on his staff, this would probably work. According to himself, Santos was ahead of his time with the passing games in the late 70's and would be a great asset in mentoring a young quarterback so just think where he could help take our passing game.  After all wouldn't it make sense for Bradley to learn from someone who actually did coach in the NCC? If all else fails, we can always fall back on Joe Macmenamin who has made a living as a "Talent Utilization" consultant. The knock on Macmenamin though is he has a tough time relating to the common person from an intellectual standpoint, and often time struggles to "dumb it down" to where the common man can understand what he is actually talking about. 

I am not trying to push the panic button or undermine Coach Bradley in any way, but assuming we win tomorrow and assuming Houston, loses, we will control our own destiny in our division as we play Houston twice - both at home and away this season. I think if we can win 10 or our last 12, 10-6 gets us in as Indianapolis and Tennessee are both bad teams. There is still a lot of season left, and if all it would take would be to give our head coach a little assistance, lets not be to proud or stubborn to do so.

Quote:Through the first 20 games of is head coaching career in Jacksonville,  Jack Del Rio was 8-12 compared to the 4-16 record Gus Bradley produced thus far. The situations that both Coach Jack Del Rio and Coach Gus Bradley walked into were eerily similar, with the main difference being that Coach Del Rio was never passed over for the North Dakota State head coaching job prior to getting an NFL job. It is blatantly apparent to me that Coach Bradley is a great football mind who needs a mentor and some immediate guidance. 

So who to tutor and mentor Coach Bradley?  It's football season, and most everyone whom would be practical or capable are obviously tied up with various football responsibilities. I have an "outside the box" idea that I really believe might work. For as dumb, idiotic and ridiculous that soccer is, the one rule they do have that makes sense is the ability to loan a player to another club at different points in the season. For example,according to section 7.2 and rule M.6 in the English Premier League players on loan are not permitted to play against the team which holds their registration. My thought is if they can lend players, why not borrow coaches? Why don't we see if we can't borrow someone with a higher pedigree to come in and help out? Keeping in mind that according to this rule we couldn't borrow someone whom we were to compete against this year, the first person who comes to my mind is Jack Del Rio. Coach Del Rio could come in 1 day per week and hold accountability sessions via skype with Gus Bradley the other 2-3 days per week. At this point, Denver's defense is on cruise control and I'm sure they wouldn't have any issue as we don't play each other until the playoffs. Learning from the winningest coach in the history of our organization would undoubtedly help and could be all it would take to turn the tide. Another coach who comes to mind is Santos Buda, Head Coach of the Omaha Mammouths. Being from this area I'm a little biased about  high abilityl level, but I know this would scenario would be beneficial to Coach Bradley. The Mammouths would probably want some sort of agreement where the Jags couldn't hire him but  based on the fact that Santos has surrounded himself with a Who's Who of coaches on his staff, this would probably work. According to himself, Santos was ahead of his time with the passing games in the late 70's and would be a great asset in mentoring a young quarterback so just think where he could help take our passing game.  After all wouldn't it make sense for Bradley to learn from someone who actually did coach in the NCC? If all else fails, we can always fall back on Joe Macmenamin who has made a living as a "Talent Utilization" consultant. The knock on Macmenamin though is he has a tough time relating to the common person from an intellectual standpoint, and often time struggles to "dumb it down" to where the common man can understand what he is actually talking about. 

I am not trying to push the panic button or undermine Coach Bradley in any way, but assuming we win tomorrow and assuming Houston, loses, we will control our own destiny in our division as we play Houston twice - both at home and away this season. I think if we can win 10 or our last 12, 10-6 gets us in as Indianapolis and Tennessee are both bad teams. There is still a lot of season left, and if all it would take would be to give our head coach a little assistance, lets not be to proud or stubborn to do so.
Jack Del Rio......... You've got to be kidding
Yawn
Jack walked into Stroud and Henderson. When you tell me who we had at that level when Gus walked then I'll listen.
Quote:Jack walked into Stroud and Henderson. When you tell me who we had at that level when Gus walked then I'll listen.

Add Jimmy Smith and Fred Taylor to that list
Quote:Through the first 20 games of is head coaching career in Jacksonville,  Jack Del Rio was 8-12 compared to the 4-16 record Gus Bradley produced thus far. The situations that both Coach Jack Del Rio and Coach Gus Bradley walked into were eerily similar, with the main difference being that Coach Del Rio was never passed over for the North Dakota State head coaching job prior to getting an NFL job. It is blatantly apparent to me that Coach Bradley is a great football mind who needs a mentor and some immediate guidance. 

You're onto something here, and I agree! Don't let these fools bring you down. This is a stroke of pure genus.
[Image: ignorance_is_bliss_matrix.gif]

Yea.. Didn't read.
Good one, Omaha.  

"…accountability Skype sessions"   Just brilliant. 

:teehee:  :thumbsup:

Do you think David Caldwell is stupid?
I just have one question.

Is pot legal in Omaha?

Quote:I just have one question.

Is pot legal in Omaha?

I really don't think it matters.. 
Quote:Good one, Omaha.  

"…accountability Skype sessions"   Just brilliant. 

:teehee:  :thumbsup:
I love these threads too. Words just cannot describe the joy that I take away from them.
This post wins honorable mention for the Darwin award, behind

Quote:Cut him now, his injury first attitude is toxic.

Omaha gets em again!
Quote: 

Why don't we see if we can't borrow someone with a higher pedigree to come in and help out? Keeping in mind that according to this rule we couldn't borrow someone whom we were to compete against this year, the first person who comes to my mind is Jack Del Rio. Coach Del Rio could come in 1 day per week and hold accountability sessions via skype with Gus Bradley the other 2-3 days per week. 
I read your post to my two dogs and when I got to this part, one just howled and ran away.  I found him hiding behind the couch, shaking and covering his ears with his paws.  The other one is still rolling around on the floor laughing.  

You failed the concussion test