Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: An old tradition (education for the young thunder cats)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some may say the Titans or the Colts are our rivals. Some may say the Dolphins because they were here first.

Don't get it twisted....

The Pittsburgh Steelers are our rivals from the AFC Central days!

This is a game that should be electric. The overall record never mattered before. This is still the NFL, and any team can be beat on ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!

I have a lot of Steeler friends and they know we get up when we play them.

Feedin time boys!
I still hate them after all these years.

Of course my hatred of them predates the Jaguars, but my Jaguars allegiance cemented my hatred of them further.

It has not waned despite not sharing the division with them for over a decade.

I wish we were still in the division with them.  None of these other teams-not even the tacks-generate the kind of hate I have for them.

Realignment ruined a great rivalry.

When we were in the same division, the home team usually won. We seemed to always win at home and lose in Pittsburgh.

Then there was a time when we snatched up a defensive back from Pittsburgh (Arnaz Battle?) during "Steelers Week." That was interpreted as a symptom of the rivalry we had with them.

Even after the NFL broke up the AFC Central into North and South divisions, there was a sense that the old division rivalry did not completely go away.

That one might get you a nastygram...It made me laugh, though !!

My mom is going to trash talk me to death this weekend.
I hate those terrible towels, and how many of them were in our stadium!  I hope they throw them on the ground when we win, so everyone can stomp on them when they leave!

We are the only team to beat the steeleers twice in their own stadium in a single year.

We hold the edge on matchups 11-10.

We owned the Central divison before the new alinement, im not sure if it was the steelers who were begging for us to be the ones moved out of a division they use to dominate untill we decided to rule the roost.

As a expansion team in 1995 one of our 4 wins was against the steelers. and that was the year they went to the superbowl

This rivalry should have been kept.
Quote:We are the only team to beat the steeleers twice in their own stadium in a single year.

We owned the Central divison before the new alinement, im not sure if it was the steelers who were begging for us to be the ones moved out of a division they use to dominate untill we decided to rule the roost.

As a expansion team in 1995 one of our 4 wins was against the steelers. and that was the year they went to the superbowl

I heard just recently that the Jags hold the edge on matchups 12-10, not sure which one is correct.

I feel like the Steelers are the original rival of the Jags, and to me, that makes them the best one.

I sure do miss playing them every year.

For a long time they were what all NFL teams want to be: Tough, physical on both sides of the ball, have a great winning history and a very very loyal fan base.

They can also boast that some of the greatest names in NFL history have been Pittsburgh Steelers.

How great is that?
Quote:We are the only team to beat the steeleers twice in their own stadium in a single year.

I'll never understand why they put the Colts in our division.  Or the Texans for that matter.  
Quote:I'll never understand why they put the Colts in our division.  Or the Texans for that matter.  

It is obvious why the Texans are in our division: Houston is about as far souith as Jacksonville.

The Colts are in it because the Dolphins were unwilling to end their rivalry with the Bills.