Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Our next four opponents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Squeelers, Tacks, Brownies, Dolphemales

Dare i say 4-4?
I don't like "Dolphemales." Try Dolls, because we all know a girl's toy can't do anything.

Of course you have to remember we play at Tennessee and the Titans are a division opponent, so while it is certainly winnable, that game will not be a cakewalk.

All 4 are winnable that's for sure we should go at least 2-2 or there's a real problem
Quote:Squeelers, Tacks, Brownies, Dolphemales

Dare i say 4-4?
Exactly when did happy hour start for you?  I'm guessing lunch?
other than the steelers... i kinda like our odds.

i would be more surprised if we went 1-3 rather than 3-1... arrows pointing up imo...with sanders back, bortles at the helm, and some opponents who havent sniffed the playoffs in a while, i think we are in good shape.

Quote:Exactly when did happy hour start for you? I'm guessing lunch?
. When i woke up
The Browns might be the toughest of those four to be honest. If our defense can even somewhat figure themselves out, Blake gives us a chance in each of those games.

That stretch is a hell of a lot easier than the first quarter of the schedule.
Winning 2 of the next 4 games is not an unattainable goal for this squad.  

Quote:The Browns might be the toughest of those four to be honest. If our defense can even somewhat figure themselves out, Blake gives us a chance in each of those games.

That stretch is a hell of a lot easier than the first quarter of the schedule.

How can the Browns game be harder than the Steelers? I actually had that one on my short list of possible games to buy tickets for, but now I am leaning toward the Dolphins.
Quote:Winning 2 of the next 4 games is not an unattainable goal for this squad.  
Unattainable?  No.      Likely?   :whistling: Also no.

I believe Pittsburgh is a 5.5 point favorite.
Quote:Unattainable? No. Likely? Also no.

I believe Pittsburgh is a 5.5 point favorite.

6.5 points
Quote:Unattainable?  No.      Likely?   Also no.

I agree, but I'm trying to be optimistic here!  

:teehee:    *puts teal shades back on*
Quote:How can the Browns game be harder than the Steelers? I actually had that one on my short list of possible games to buy tickets for, but now I am leaning toward the Dolphins.

Because overall I think the Brownies end up better than the Steelers this year. The Browns are underrated and have played competitive thus far this season and have been in some close ones.
Quote:Because overall I think the Brownies end up better than the Steelers this year. The Browns are underrated and have played competitive thus far this season and have been in some close ones.

But they still lost to the Steelers, who just needed one more defensive stop to beat the Buccaneers.

Mike Tomlin described the team as average, explaining they deserve to be 2-2.
Once this team shows that it can ATTEMPT to play defense (mainly the secondary), there's a chance to win a few of those 4..  Until then, not a snowballs chance in hell.. 

Sure, there's a chance we win some of these games.

There's also a chance we get blown out in every one of them, although I doubt that happens now that Bortles is the QB.

Quote:Once this team shows that it can ATTEMPT to play defense (mainly the secondary), there's a chance to win a few of those 4..  Until then, not a snowballs chance in hell.. 

We already have shown we can attempt to play defense against the Eagles and Chargers.
Steelers will be tough. They have a lot of weapons in Bell, Brown, Wheaton, and Big Ben that will give our defense hell. But I think we definetly can beat the Titans, Dolphins, and Browns
Quote:Steelers will be tough. They have a lot of weapons in Bell, Brown, Wheaton, and Big Ben that will give our defense hell. But I think we definitely can beat the Titans, Dolphins, and Browns

I am not too worried about Wheaton. Miller is a bigger threat.

Of the next three, we probably will have our best game against the Dolphins. I think we finally get to see Aaron Colvin play that week.
Quote:But they still lost to the Steelers, who just needed one more defensive stop to beat the Buccaneers.

Mike Tomlin described the team as average, explaining they deserve to be 2-2.

To be honest after looking at it, it's probably about even as far as our chances go.  The Browns have been in all of their games and played the Steelers tough.  They have two young RBs that are pretty good.  They're easier to beat with no Gordon to battle.

Overall I suppose the edge goes to the Steelers.  But not because they've already beat Cleveland.  

I think the Browns defense is better overall than the Steelers. Offense goes to Pitt without Gordon.  

Basically a wash overall.
Pages: 1 2