Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Good Chance Storm Johnson gets Playing Time Sunday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Per Gus Bradley

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/400...rm-johnson

UCF backfield would be really cool!

It will be great to finally see what he can do. Hopefully he and Denard Robinson will make Toby Gerhart expendable when we get a better fullback.

He sucked in the preseason, we will see how he plays
Todman is probably our best RB.

Quote:He sucked in the preseason, we will see how he plays

In preseason Storm was still learning how to play in the NFL behind an always-changing offensive line with two rookies and only two returning players. So to say he sucked in preseason you must have no idea who was trying to block for him.
Quote:Todman is probably our best RB.

Nonsense. He is good at kickoff returns, but not on offense.
Quote:In preseason Storm was still learning how to play in the NFL behind an always-changing offensive line with two rookies and only two returning players. So to say he sucked in preseason you must have no idea who was trying to block for him.
The line blocking for him Sunday isn't much better. 
Quote:The line blocking for him Sunday isn't much better. 

We will get Austin Pasztor back.
Quote:We will get Austin Pasztor back.

He's 1 guy out of 5.  Two are still rookies, plus a free agent who has not played well and a second year LT who has looked bad at times also. 

Hopefully Pasztor provides a spark and one more week of practice helps the others become more cohesive -- but I wouldn't count on it.  They have loads of improving to do if the Jags want to surpass 100 yds rushing without counting QB scrambles. 
Quote:He's 1 guy out of 5.  Two are still rookies, plus a free agent who has not played well and a second year LT who has looked bad at times also. 

Hopefully Pasztor provides a spark and one more week of practice helps the others become more cohesive -- but I wouldn't count on it.  They have loads of improving to do if the Jags want to surpass 100 yds rushing without counting QB scrambles. 

I doubt we see 100 yds in a game from the running back crew this year. I expect paztor to make the pass blocking better not so much the run blocking
im excited to see it.... little skeptical but would like to see if there is any chemistry between him and bortles that we couldnt see in the preseason...i personally would like to see johnson take the amount of snaps robinson has been taking.. i like robinson but i still think he should be a situation back that we try and get out in the flats rather than run him 5-10 times a game. i think last game was 9 rushes to 3 receptions, IMO that should be reversed.... honestly i feel like even if Storm doesnt do well, giving shim a heavier roll really wouldnt hurt anything since we already threw 1/4 of the season away starting henne... give johnson 20-30 snaps with 15+rushes and a couple targets and, even if he sucks, u at least know what you have.

Quote:He's 1 guy out of 5.  Two are still rookies, plus a free agent who has not played well and a second year LT who has looked bad at times also. 

If we need quarterback scrambles to run 100 yards in a game, so be it. I just want the first downs so we can get in the end zone.

This is Pasztor's third week of practicing fully all three days since he broke his hand, so he should be ready for this. I am hoping the cast does not present any problems.
The calm before the Storm.

He's a very good receiver out of the backfield.
Can't get much worse. Give the storm a shot..

Couldn't hurt
I want to see storm but I want to see more todman more. Todman > gerhart.
Quote:The calm before the Storm.

Actually it has been the rough before the Storm in Jacksonville.

Hopefully familiarity with the quarterback will help him.
Quote:Nonsense. He is good at kickoff returns, but not on offense.

When has he ever been good at kickoff returns?
Quote:When has he ever been good at kickoff returns?

Last weekend at San Diego.

Pages: 1 2