Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Anybody read Metro Jacksonville?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
metrojacksonville.com, I go to the site on occasion and I think they do a good job of showcasing the positives that Jacksonville has to offer.

But I have noticed recently they seem to be taking a pretty strong anti-Jaguar, anti-Shad Khan stance. Anybody else notice this. It seems to be reading alot like Folio Weekly. I wonder if they share some of the same editorial staff.

I haven't really read Metro Jacksonville.

Why the anti-Jaguar, anti-Khan stance?

Is it because of the financial cost to the city or the fact that they are a pretty awful team right now?

I go there from time to time. Reads a lot like the TU boards if you ask me...

Quote:I haven't really read Metro Jacksonville.

Why the anti-Jaguar, anti-Khan stance?

Is it because of the financial cost to the city or the fact that they are a pretty awful team right now?

http://www.metrojacksonville.com/forum/i...ic=22710.0
Metrojax is filled with "intellectuals" that think they know more and know better than everyone else...and love to tell you about it. I read it, but I know which posters to ignore at just about all costs.
I go there alot. The Jags hate is all related to money given by the city for anything Jag related. They are the ultimate liberal no money to rich people gang. They are only happy if all money goes to trains and streetcars. Some smart good people there but way too many bleeding heart know it alls.
Yes. They love streetcars.
Quote:I go there from time to time. Reads a lot like the TU boards if you ask me...

This.  I appreciate their desires to regentrify the core of old Jacksonville.  The condescension aimed at any person, tact, or idea, that isn't aligned with theirs is a tad obnoxious, though.   
Quote:Yes. They love streetcars.

And think they are the answer to every problem in the city!
Quote:And think they are the answer to every problem in the city!

Anyway these streetcars can help the Jags win a game or 2, since winning has been a problem with them?
Quote:Anyway these streetcars can help the Jags win a game or 2, since winning has been a problem with them?

By running over the opposing team maybe?
Quote:Metrojax is filled with "intellectuals" that think they know more and know better than everyone else...and love to tell you about it. I read it, but I know which posters to ignore at just about all costs.

Like the intellectual that said "...ignorant enough to waist their money..."?
Quote:Like the intellectual that said "...ignorant enough to waist their money..."?

lol, yeah, I saw that too.

It kind of tells you something about those who comment there, doesn't it?
Quote:Like the intellectual that said "...ignorant enough to waist their money..."?
I don't like waisting my money. I prefer to wear my cash around my shoulders like a bandolier. 
Quote:metrojacksonville.com, I go to the site on occasion and I think they do a good job of showcasing the positives that Jacksonville has to offer.

But I have noticed recently they seem to be taking a pretty strong anti-Jaguar, anti-Shad Khan stance. Anybody else notice this. It seems to be reading alot like Folio Weekly. I wonder if they share some of the same editorial staff.

They've always taken a negative view of the team. Same as the Folio rag.