Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Keys to beating the Steelers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After watching Blake Bortles play a whole game, we know what he can do and the types of rookie mistakes he is prone to making, so I think it is time to start doing a "keys to winning" thread every week again, starting with the Steelers. What do you think the most important factors are that will determine who wins? What do we have to do on offense, special teams, and defense Sunday to win?

Stop Leveon Bell.

Stop Antonio Brown. (unlikely)

Convert third downs on offense, get off the field on third down, defensively. Win time of possession.

Get turnovers on defense.

Some of those are unlikely, but with Bortles, we will convert third downs again. If we can somehow get a running game going, we got a good chance
It's an oversimplified take, but I'd say allow half as many big plays and find a way to finish +2 in the turnover battle and the Jags have a chance.
I think an important key to beating the squeelers is the drink of choice of a particular poster and whether said drink is spilled or not..
Score and stop them from scoring
Oh geez. Tmd has taken over jaguarwoman. Or vice versa. It's gonna be a long season.
Quote:I think an important key to beating the squeelers is the drink of choice of a particular poster and whether said drink is spilled or not..

He has to pop a bottle of champagne over the spot of said spilled beverage, make a toast to Kahn, and leave an offering to the gods of football on the nearest 50 yard line. ( I suggest nachos) Make sure it is CHAMPAGNE not that sparkling wine crap or you'll make the curse worse!
SECONDARY

Score more points than they do.
Play two competitive halves
Take away their terrible towels.

I think it would be best to contain Ben. Make him beat you in the pocket. You have to take Brown out of the game completely. Also run the ball heavy and extend drives. Their defense is old. If you can tire them early then later the bombs will drop on them. Test Troy early
1. Hell freeze over.

2. Monkeys sprout wings and fly out of my [BAD WORD REMOVED]

3. Defense plays for four quarters.

If all those happen they may win. Not really sure the last one is even a plausible idea. One can only hope.
Quote:1. Hell freeze over.

2. Monkeys sprout wings and fly out of my [BAD WORD REMOVED]

3. Defense plays for four quarters.

If all those happen they may win. Not really sure the last one is even a plausible idea. One can only hope.

#3 Should also be their salary..
If we can some how not fall asleep during half time and do something in the second half... Maybe... I have faith in Blake just not our Def at the moment.

Quote:Stop Leveon Bell.

Stop Antonio Brown. (unlikely)

Convert third downs on offense, get off the field on third down, defensively. Win time of possession.

Get turnovers on defense.

Some of those are unlikely, but with Bortles, we will convert third downs again. If we can somehow get a running game going, we got a good chance

Bingo
Can our back 7 make a play? If not expect Antonio Brown to cakewalk the Steelers to victory
Quote:Can our back 7 make a play? If not expect Antonio Brown to cakewalk the Steelers to victory

Of course our back 7 can make a play. The question is can they make enough plays?

And most importantly, can they make plays on third down?
Quote:It's an oversimplified take, but I'd say allow half as many big plays and find a way to finish +2 in the turnover battle and the Jags have a chance.

I think if the Jags win the turnover battle period, they win.
Quote:I think if the Jags win the turnover battle period, they win.

It only helps if we can take advantage of the turnovers, so I want to see a pick six.

But one thing I have noticed over the years is more often than not, the winner of the turnover battle wins the game.
Pages: 1 2