Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Football Gameplan's 2014 Jaguars vs Steelers Preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://footballgameplan.com/football-gam...e-jaguars/

Good afternoon Jaguar fans! Good luck this week!

Em

Quote:http://footballgameplan.com/football-gam...e-jaguars/

Good afternoon Jaguar fans! Good luck this week!

Em

Thanks for posting, I think this game has the makings of a shootout, we definitely won't stop their passing attack and I think Blake will have a lot of success challenging a depleted Pittsburgh secondary. Cortez Allen and William gay is as bad of a CB combination you'll find in the NFL, the loss of Ryan Shazier should open up things underneath for Clay Harbor etc.., both defenses are bad, I wouldn't be surprised if this game went either way.
I stopped listening as soon as I heard the guy say Bortles only wants to hit the short throws near the sidelines, doesn't want to go over the top...he realizes that Bortles isnt Henne right?
Quote:I stopped listening as soon as I heard the guy say Bortles only wants to hit the short throws near the sidelines, doesn't want to go over the top...he realizes that Bortles isnt Henne right?
Probably going off last week's game, lots of short passes
Quote:I stopped listening as soon as I heard the guy say Bortles only wants to hit the short throws near the sidelines, doesn't want to go over the top...he realizes that Bortles isnt Henne right?

Yeah he's pretty good with his analysis, but BB does not dink and dunk. He will put that rock downfield. When I heard that too I lost focus.
I think he did throw it shorter against SD but it was probably because of the Oline problems.  They problem want him to drop back and get rid of it.  I can't say I blame them cause Henne got killed holding the ball.  I know Blake has better pocket awareness than Henne but you don't want your rookie QB taking too many shots either.  Joeckle has been a joke and he needs to step his game up.

Thanks Gang! Wasn't saying 'dink and dunk' that's, at least IMO, different than hitting the short passes. Dink and Dunk, to me, is being check down charlie or hitting a 4 yard pass on 3rd & 9 type stuff

Thats an awesome video! Different than the major networks who dont do any research and go off popular opinion and past seasons.

I also have to disagree about bortles and the middle of the field. The touchdown to hurns against the colts was thrown to the middle of the field as well as the bomb he juggled and caught last week. It was actually something we talked about regarding henne vs bortles. Chad throws to the flats constantly while blake seems to favor the middle. He does throw alot sideline on bootlegs tho.

informitive video and I am curious about your score prediction.
Quote:Thats an awesome video! Different than the major networks who dont do any research and go off popular opinion and past seasons.

I also have to disagree about Bortles and the middle of the field. The touchdown to Hurns against the Colts was thrown to the middle of the field as well as the bomb he juggled and caught last week. It was actually something we talked about regarding henne vs bortles. Chad throws to the flats constantly while blake seems to favor the middle. He does throw alot sideline on bootlegs though.

Informitive video and I am curious about your score prediction.

Yeah I don't understand why somebody would think just because a couple interceptions were in the middle of the field, he suck at throwing that direction. The two passes you mentioned were more in the middle than the bad passes chalked up as tryintg to do too much.

Of course, you can't forget two touchdowns were short passes to a corner of the end zone, not post routes.
Quote:Thanks Gang! Wasn't saying 'dink and dunk' that's, at least IMO, different than hitting the short passes. Dink and Dunk, to me, is being check down charlie or hitting a 4 yard pass on 3rd & 9 type stuff

Gotcha- Ben Roethlisberger type plays...