Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: San Diego Chargers quotes about Blake Bortles after the game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if this was posted, if so I apologize.

Via Hays Carlyon (FTU)

Former all-pro Dwight Freeney: "<span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;">Bortles is going to be a force in this league, but they have to get the right weapons around him and get him some better protection"

</span>

All-pro safety Eric Weddle: <span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;">"
It was tough early on, as a defense you’re waiting for them to get into what they’ve shown on film and they never really got into it. So, it was an adjustment. They made some plays and credit to them, but we overcame the mishaps and really put it to them, he's got a bright future, I’ve got nothing but high regard for him. He was composed and it was hard to get him down sack-wise. So, going against a guy like that you always have that fear of him running around and extending plays as he did late in the fourth quarter. He ran around and found a guy, their team is going to go as he goes, so, my advice to him would be to have a good attitude and don’t let losses determine how you work or your effort and attitude. It seems like he’s on his way to achieving that.”

</span>

Pro Bowl cornerback Brandon Flowers: “Bortles is a very poised quarterback; he made some key throws early. It didn’t take me by surprise. I used to watch him in college. I always thought he was a great quarterback. He was the top quarterback taken for a reason. He definitely has all the tools and the sky is the limit for him.”

Thats cool
Quote:Thats cool

Yep, you get the sense that they have a lot of respect for Blake, I think that's a shared sentiment around the league.
Good to see a team that "crushed us" have good things to say about our franchise qb.
I'm glad we have appointed Bortles as awesome. Now if he can just win us a game.
That's awesome. The key thing is what Weddle had to say. Don't let losses get to your head and shake your work ethic. I agree with the statements. Like I said in a different thread. You show me one game that this kid hasn't played in yet where he didn't make a couple of plays that literally made you say "Wow" or shake your head in awe or got you excited as a fan. The kid has done nothing but flash since his debut during the pre-season.

Quote:That's awesome. The key thing is what Weddle had to say. Don't let losses get to your head and shake your work ethic.

What's love got to do with what you got?

Don't let a win get to your head or a loss to your heart

Nonsense perseveres-- Prayers heed with fear

2 Triple O is here

Where's ChuckD?

Quote:That's awesome. The key thing is what Weddle had to say. Don't let losses get to your head and shake your work ethic. I agree with the statements. Like I said in a different thread. You show me one game that this kid hasn't played in yet where he didn't make a couple of plays that literally made you say "Wow" or shake your head in awe or got you excited as a fan. The kid has done nothing but flash since his debut during the pre-season.

One thing I have noticed is he does not let mistakes get to his head. Look at what he does after throwing a "stupid" interception or taking a sack.
We never heard any of that about Henne or Gavbert or Garrard or Leftwich
Quote:We never heard any of that about Henne or Gabbert or Garrard or Leftwich

None of those guys had the "it" factor to make everyone around them better, a high football IQ, and all of the skills necessary to succeed in the NFL. They were just below average quarterbacks.

Blake Bortles is the real deal, someone who has the potential to be great someday.

Are we still talking about this.....so LIKE 2 days ago!! :-)
I know we have a francize qb, now he needs weapons and a defense that can stop big gains. That'll  be 2 -3 more drafts from now. Wallbash

Its always nice and a good sign to hear these kind of things from other teams.

Quote:We never heard any of that about Henne or Gavbert or Garrard or Leftwich

I do remember after Leftwich's 2nd/3rd start in which he threw for over 300 yds in a win, the Chargers players were raving about him.
Quote:I know we have a francise QB, now he needs weapons and a defense that can stop big gains. That'll  be 2 -3 more drafts from now..

One more draft and year of playing time; then we will be good on offense. On defense we may need two more drafts but with a few trades for picks, we might be able to fix it with one draft.

I will save all further comments about the draft until I know how many picks we get next year.