Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The London game uniforms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not sure if this would go here or in the NFL at Large section, but apparently, the Jags and Cowboy's uniforms are going to be custom for the Game in London.. Custom helmets and jerseys..

"In line with the legion's poppy charity appeal, the uniforms and helmets of both teams will feature the red poppy logo. At the end of the game, 80,000 poppies will be dropped into the Wembley stands. The uniforms will be auctioned off for charity."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/116214...ame-london

I am 100% murican. What is a poppy?
Quote:I am 100% murican. What is a poppy?

It's a misprint.  The Jags will be wearing the "poopy" logo.
Watching these first four weeks has made me wanna develop an opium habit.
Its a flower designated to represent fallen war heros and britins who lost thier lives druing the blitz.

Not sure, but I heard if you eat enough of them, you'll fail a drug test. Don't hold me to that though..
At least our Defense will have an excuse for falling asleep against the Cowboys.

ever see the movie 'The Wizard of Oz'? Remember the scene where Dorthy, Tin Man, Scare Crow, and the Lion are prancing through that giant field of flowers toward the Emerald City? Those were (ostensibly) poppies. The source of opiates such as morphine and heroin. That's why the wicked witch used them to put Dorthy to sleep....
Quote:Its a flower designated to represent fallen war heros and britins who lost thier lives druing the blitz.

[Image: royal_british_legion-logo.jpg]

It will symbolize the fallen Jaguars after the Cowboys completely dismantle us.
Quote:ever see the movie 'The Wizard of Oz'? Remember the scene where Dorthy, Tin Man, Scare Crow, and the Lion are prancing through that giant field of flowers toward the Emerald City? Those were (ostensibly) poppies. The source of opiates such as morphine and heroin. That's why the wicked witch used them to put Dorthy to sleep....

Glad Blackmon isn't playing this game.. Might have to keep an eye on Sanders though.. 
Wonder how crazy different if at all it will look?

Uniforms for both teams were the same last year when we were there with the 49ers. Why would they make new uniforms this year?

Quote:Uniforms for both teams were the same last year when we were there with the 49ers. Why would they make new uniforms this year?
Try reading the article it explains why

It is like our Veterans day over there and we are participating in observance of it.

Maybe one of the UK Jag fans can help out with a better explanation of it.

Quote:Uniforms for both teams were the same last year when we were there with the 49ers. Why would they make new uniforms this year?
Sell more? Its rare or special? Idk sounds like a marketing ploy.

Edit: Or what Jagfan88 said lol

In before Jaguars thread gets moved to sidelines 

I don't care if our guys wear dresses to play in London.. I just want them to win. Shoot, wear pink polka-dots and high heels...  I don't care... I just want a win. Love

You were right. This should be moved.

Exit stage right>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Quote:Try reading the article it explains why

It is like our Veterans day over there and we are participating in observance of it.

Maybe one of the UK Jag fans can help out with a better explanation of it.

I think you've already got it - Remembrance Sunday is like your Veterans Day.

Everyone wears a plastic poppy (they are sold to make money for a veterans charity) so this is just an extension of that.

The tradition goes back to the poppy fields of Flanders, where the First World War was fought.

This is coverage of Remembrance Sunday last year

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24887778'>http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24887778</a>

Poppies were also used to mark the 100th anniversary of the start of ww1
Quote:Its a flower designated to represent fallen war heros and britins who lost thier lives druing the blitz.

So it's like yellow ribbons here?
I distinctly remember as a boy my father and other veterans wearing red poppies on their lapels during Memorial Day. It used to be a tradition here.
Pages: 1 2