Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cream of the WR Crop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The cream of the WR Crop

:ph34r: 

<span style="font-family:georgia, serif;"><span style="font-size:14px;">We are fortunate to have a great bunch of young wide receivers with the potential of being considered the leagues best in the next coming season if not this year.
</span></span>

<span style="font-family:georgia, serif;"><span style="font-size:14px;">The question I ask is which WR do you think will have the best Career?   I know to hard to predict at this early of a stage many will say, and are probably right but I created the thread anyways...
</span></span>

<span style="font-family:georgia, serif;"><span style="font-size:14px;">Will you cast your vote for Allen Hurns, the undrafted upset WR with 12 receptions, 254 yards, 21.2 average, and 3 touchdowns despite playing on an injured ankle?

Some might argue that he knew Fisch's playbook, and his stellar route running combined with luck allowed him to surpass the teams other receivers statistically based on their injuries and lack of playing time.

</span></span>

<span style="font-family:georgia, serif;"><span style="font-size:14px;">      Others will say that he had to prove himself during preseason to simply make the final cut, but excelled to the point of not only starting but being a star.
</span></span>

<span style="font-family:georgia, serif;"><span style="font-size:14px;">Or will you cast your vote for Cecil Shorts III, the
</span></span>

<span style="font-family:georgia, serif;"><span style="font-size:14px;">How about the other starting rookie this week, Allen Robinson?  His 17 receptions for 192 yards, 11.3 average is only overlooked due to not having a touchdown as of yet. 
</span></span>

None of them will get 1000 yds or 10 td's....and that's not necessarily a bad thing.  I think 900 yds and 8 td's would be awesome for any of them.  They are a revolving door of who's hurt and who's playing.  I think combined, the WR corps will have about 3000-3500 yds and 20 td's.  Looking at our recent past, that's like hall of fame in comparison to the crap we've dealt with.

Hurns will probably get all the numbers this year, but that doesn't mean he is the best player fro the long haul.

The receiver with the most upside is Allen Robinson, his ceiling is incredibly high. I think Marqise Lee will be a dynmaic playmaker as well.

Allen Robinson will have the best career of the group. Great upside/potential. I've been saying this for centuries
Excellent Poll

As I was creating this poll /thread my internet started to mess up that's why my inital post is cut off and doesnt make sense...
Love the poll, early its clearly showing how bad Cecil is considered at this point.  I would caution that Ace might yet be a surprise, good or bad.

I went Robinson then Hurns for the last two but I still have my doubt about all the production this season.

I like AR15. He does look to be the more complete wideout out there. hope he pans out as well as ACE 18 Marc Lee and Hitman Hurns.

I voted Allen Robinson to have the better career out of this group. Him and Bortles are already connecting early and often. He has the size and YAC ability you want to see. It's just a matter of developing more timing and chemistry in the passing game and understand coverages. I was tempted to vote Hurns instead. But he's really scary. Don't get me wrong. He's been OUTSTANDING so far during the first month of football. And for him to climb the ladder after going undrafted is impressive. Whether he knows the system or not, you cannot deny the fact that he's now on the NFL level. Meaning, even if you know your system. You still have to out smart and out muscle your man lined up in front of you. And you still have to run the routes and make the catches. His hands are scary at times. You hold your breath everytime the ball is thrown up and you see #88 lined up to get it. But he's got plenty of ability at this level. He honestly reminds me of Marques Colston/Michael Irvin body frame wise. Just needs to get those hands up a bit more.

As far as any receiver cracking 1,000 this year or nabbing 10 TD receptions. It's doubtful IMHO. I think Blake will probably get close to the franchise record this year in total TD's thrown in one season. Which is going to be a nice thing to see as far as this fanbase is concerned. The most TD's any QB has ever thrown in one season outside of Brunell's 20 TD's that he threw back in 98' and 00'. That total was 23 set by Garrard just four years ago in 2010. I think it's not out of question that Blake is within that 18 - 20 TD range this year. It'll be spreadout though. I think you'll see a decent amount accumalated between a trio of receivers. Hurns, Robinson, & Shorts. And then a few more TD grabs from the TE's and RB's by commitee. Now, whether those TD passes are result of us playing catch-up in the 2nd half of games due to the defense giving up massive plays in the 1st half. I don't know. Hopefully that's not the case. But the fact that Blake has the ability to extend plays, and above all, moves the chains on 3rd downs. Which he displayed against the Chargers in San Diego already. It just means more playing time for the offense, hence, more stats.

The only right answer is Allen Hurns. 

Did you say... CREAM OF THE CROP?! OOHHH YEAH!!!

great poll.

DewtheMathis sure loves his polls

Blackmon is coming back so erase my Robinson will have a better career vote.
Wasn't TMD screaming we should trade Shorts before the season, ugh, haven't seen him around but I'm pretty sure he'll be here soon doing a windmill dance in the face of FBT
We need a true deep threat still, or someone who has more yac potential