Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dekoda Watson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, I have not gotten a clear answer on what this guy's problem is.  What is his problem?  We got this guy to try and bolster our LB group, but he is M.I.A.  The LB group turns out to be one of our weakest areas.  We need him to contribute.

First of all, he should know the playbook by now.  We are a month into the regular season.

It's just disappointing that he barely sees the field.  We were somewhat depending on him to be a decent FA acquisition.  I don't understand what his problem is.  Maybe he isn't 100% back from his injury????  Is he just not as good as the FO thought when they brought him here?

It seemed like people were excited about this FA signing.  Now what?

I don't get it either. Maybe he just sucks and isn't getting it done?

He did absolutely nothing in Tampa. Signing him was similar to what they did last year by signing a bunch of guys. They were throwing a hail mary in the hopes they would land a quality player. The attempt failed. It was a shot in the dark that they missed. It should come as no surprise. He is doing this year what he did the previous 4. You are what you are.

Who are some FA linebackers we could target next year? Anyone know?

Quote:He did absolutely nothing in Tampa. Signing him was similar to what they did last year by signing a bunch of guys. They were throwing a hail mary in the hopes they would land a quality player. The attempt failed. It was a shot in the dark that they missed. It should come as no surprise. He is doing this year what he did the previous 4. You are what you are.

I had my doubts when he was coming here since his production at TB was extremely limited, but I expected him to contribute a little more here. 

Didn't we sign him to a 3-4 year deal?  It seems like the FO expected more out of him.
Quote:Who are some FA linebackers we could target next year? Anyone know?
http://nfltraderumors.co/2015-nfl-free-agents-list/

Not sure how up to date this is... but looking at this list...

there are a lot actually. From Witherspoon, to Orakpo, to KJ Wright
Next thread.

OT:

Dekoda was signed as a low risk high reward.

He was hampered by injury...

He could still grow into the role.

I think this fan base is way to quick to call out free agents as busts after 4 games. That being said, Watson was signed specifically for the role he hasn't taken as a starter yet, so it's a bit disappointing.

Watson has been a major disappointment
I see Wright and Smith from Seattle on that list. They can't sign both with the money issues they are facing in the future. I'd love to have one of them.

Quote:I see Wright and Smith from Seattle on that list. They can't sign both with the money issues they are facing in the future. I'd love to have one of them.

Would love KJ Wright

Free agent bust.  Caldwell the genius.

I'd bet the injury has affected him negatively, but we can never know how much.  Regardless  - we're definitely looking at an offseason that will involve signing and drafting linebackers. 

Quote:Free agent bust. Caldwell the genius.

I think you should provide a definition of what you would call a "bust".
Quote:Who are some FA linebackers we could target next year? Anyone know?
Brooks Reed and Jarrell Freeman. Either one of this guys would be a nice addition
Quote:Brooks Reed and Jarrell Freeman. Either one of this guys would be a nice addition
Freeman yes. Reed would be an odd fit in our scheme.

Edit: on second thought Reed actually might fit what we are trying to do at the OTTO spot.
Jarrell Freeman seems a little older for this Caldwell youth movement.

Quote:Freeman yes. Reed would be an odd fit in our scheme.

Edit: on second thought Reed actually might fit what we are trying to do at the OTTO spot.

I thought about Reed too. He may be too big for the OTTO. He could probably fit at the LEO.
Quote:I thought about Reed too. He may be too big for the OTTO. He could probably fit at the LEO.
I think Reed's at his best as a 3-4 OLB. He's a tweener in a pro-style (i.e., bigger players) 4-3, too big for LB and too small for end. Might be a LEO fit, but he's got a square peg feel to him, and this front seven is full of round holes.
I think he was hurt the whole off season. It's more about getting him reps in practice and making sure he's up to speed before he plays heavy minutes.
Pages: 1 2