Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Allen Hurns hands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The kid can get open no doubt, but if he can't catch the ball what good is he? He almost dropped another wide open bomb, he was very lucky the ball fell on top of him. I hope Sullivan can get this guy to consistently catch the deep ball
His hands?  You mean his chest.  He doesn't like to use his hands, and that is his problem.

He's primarily a body catcher. Look at his college youtube highlights.

Quote:The kid can get open no doubt, but if he can't catch the ball what good is he? He almost dropped another wide open bomb, he was very lucky the ball fell on top of him. I hope Sullivan can get this guy to consistently catch the deep ball

It's good enough for now.

The team has a lot bigger worries than how good the 3rd receiver is.
We got 99 problems and his hands ain't one (or two)

Hurns is the last player we need to worry about
Dang !!  you all are bringing me down.  I have 2 reasons to keep a positive mentality and you all are taking one of those away.

He is still a rookie. He's caught tough passes in traffic too. The guy is gonna have up and downs like any rookie.
I'm sure Jerry Sullivan is well aware of the issue and is working on correcting it. I suppose there is still a tendency to go back on old habits early on in the process. The guy can get open and that's a pretty good thing. He still made the catch and has made a couple other tough catches this year. Glad he's on the team.

Hurns sometimes catches with his body. Which can lead to drops but really hasn't been an issue.
he will catch better with Skeet throwing him the ball. He throws those bullet like passes you have to use the body to catch them. unlike hennes softballs.

Why is there a thread about an "almost" drop?

Quote:Why is there a thread about an "almost" drop?
Because there was not enough Allen Hurns threads already. :teehee:
  All of the major problems on this team - and people want to complain about an undrafted receiver that is playing better than anyone ever expected. 

*facepalm*

btw -  he's caught several catches with his hands this season - including two TDs  

Quote:The kid can get open no doubt, but if he can't catch the ball what good is he? He almost dropped another wide open bomb, he was very lucky the ball fell on top of him. I hope Sullivan can get this guy to consistently catch the deep ball

He is not lucky. The ball did not touch the ground because he never stopped looking at it. I loved seeing that effort even though I wish he just caught it and ran in the end zone.
He's an undrafted rookie who is on a pace to set an NFL record and we've got people complaining.

If he's doing this well as a rookie after 4 games, imagine how much he'll improve with some seasoning?  The sky is the limit for this kid. 

Quote:All of the major problems on this team - and people want to complain about an undrafted receiver that is playing better than anyone ever expected. 

*facepalm*

BTW -  he's caught several catches with his hands this season - including two TDs.

Three touchdowns. He caught two at Philadelphia and Blake's first touchdown.

Some people just complain about everything. Anyone who thinks Allen Hurns is one of our problems needs to look at my avatar.
Quote:Three touchdowns. He caught two at Philadelphia and Blake's first touchdown.

Some people just complain about everything. Anyone who thinks Allen Hurns is one of our problems needs to look at my avatar.
Does your avatar magically change their opinion? 
Quote:Does your avatar magically change their opinion? 

No but it should make people think before they complain.
I keep hoping this thread will go away, but every time I post, it comes back to the top  :woot:  Wallbash

Pages: 1 2 3