Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Whitehurst starting for Tennessee. Tanking in progress?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why would you say they're tanking? It's not like Locker is any good, plus his hand is injured. If they are tanking who are they tanking for?

Tanking or not, how the hell is Charlie Whitehurst even in a position to be starting for anybody in week 4 of the NFL season?

Taken from the linked article

Quote:In his career, Whitehurst has completed 84-of-155 passes for 805 yards, three touchdowns and four interceptions.

He's been in the league since 2006.

Quote:Tanking or not, how the hell is Charlie Whitehurst even in a position to be starting for anybody in week 4 of the NFL season?

he hasnt had a lot of opportunity but they seemed to have a lot of faith in him when he was in san diego. i guess he is just one of those guys that teams trust to come in if they ever need. those numbers really arent that bad and lets be honest....locker has never gotten over the hump and shown us that hes gonna be the answer anyway.
Quote:he hasnt had a lot of opportunity but they seemed to have a lot of faith in him when he was in san diego. i guess he is just one of those guys that teams trust to come in if they ever need. those numbers really arent that bad and lets be honest....locker has never gotten over the hump and shown us that hes gonna be the answer anyway.

Three touchdowns in four starts is bad
Quote:Tanking or not, how the hell is Charlie Whitehurst even in a position to be starting for anybody in week 4 of the NFL season?

Because we re-signed Chad Henne...
Honestly, I thought Clipboard Jesus looked pretty good. Our receivers didn't help him out. After three weeks of a regressed Locker, they're not used to a QB throwing the ball at the numbers. We seemed to be tanking before this game. For who? I have no idea. [Dramatic Music: dum dun dum] There is trouble in Titan Land.

This is where we need TMD he knows who everyone is tanking for
Go with Christhurst, brah.

Quote:Honestly, I thought Clipboard Jesus looked pretty good. Our receivers didn't help him out. After three weeks of a regressed Locker, they're not used to a QB throwing the ball at the numbers. We seemed to be tanking before this game. For who? I have no idea. [Dramatic Music: dum dun dum] There is trouble in Titan Land.

The Titans right now remind me of the Jaguars of 2011-12.
Quote:Honestly, I thought Clipboard Jesus looked pretty good. Our receivers didn't help him out. After three weeks of a regressed Locker, they're not used to a QB throwing the ball at the numbers. We seemed to be tanking before this game. For who? I have no idea. [Dramatic Music: dum dun dum] There is trouble in Titan Land.

You have some nice pieces but the QB is definitely missing.

Maybe Jameis?

Mariota?
Quote:This is where we need TMD he knows who everyone is tanking for

Well, he thinks he knows anyway.
Quote:You have some nice pieces but the QB is definitely missing.

Maybe Jameis?

Mariota?
For their sake, I hope they get Mariota. For our sake and the rest of the AFC South, I hope they go with Jamarcus Winston. Although, I don't see anyway Winston declares.
Quote:For their sake, I hope they get Mariota. For our sake and the rest of the AFC South, I hope they go with Jamarcus Winston. Although, I don't see anyway Winston declares.

winston needs to get out of the ncaa before he gets banned.
Quote:The Titans right now remind me of the Jaguars of 2011-12.

Yeah, I think I made that comparison in the past, too. I was hoping that Locker would give them enough fools gold to want to sign him to a 2007 Garrard style contract to set their team back a few years. I know it's fun to watch them getting thumped, but I'd rather see them wallow in 10+ years of mediocrity like the Jaguars did.
I hope they end up with Mariota and the Texans can snag Winston or Connor Cook. It would be sweet to see an entire division of talented young QBs.

They doing same thing that Colts did when they drafted Luck, only they're going after Mariota 

they probably want Mariota

how did they beat the Chiefs?  that is baffling

Tonight is a good night to watch mariota actually