Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A look inside Blake Bortles' Jaguars journey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great article in the local rag if you haven't seen it.

“I thought quarterbacks were soft,” he said. “I played running back and linebacker. I enjoyed the contact. But our quarterback in Pop Warner ended up going to another high school. If he hadn’t, I would have never played quarterback.”

Following an opening-start win at Akron, Bortles led the Knights to Ohio State.

“Ugh, geez,” he said of his two-touchdown, three-interception performance in a 41-25 loss. “We could have won. I was making mistakes like the other day [against Indianapolis], but it wasn’t like, ‘What am I doing out here? I’m lost.’ I felt comfortable and was saying, ‘That was stupid. Why did I do that?’ But that’s kind of how I’ve always been.”

Bortles threw only three more interceptions in the Knights’ final 12 games. And then came his tour de force junior year — a 12-1 record, 25 touchdowns, nine interceptions and five 300-yard passing games.

http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/f...eful-turns

Awesome article. He invited his offensive lineman over for fishing, table tennis, and cookouts. The anti-Gabbert.

Edit: I probably shouldn't say Gabbert didn't do that. Who knows what happened behind the scenes, but he certainly wasnt as personable when it came to the fans
^this.  Never heard of Goobert doing any of that.  This guy has a great personality, who is down to earth with his teammates and fans.  I really hope this guy succeeds because this franchise has been looking for a guy like this for a LONG time.

"But I think you have to keep some of it and be able to make throws off your platform and when you’re feet aren’t set.”

This was huge for me. I remember an article a few years back where Peyton said he focused on practicing back foot/off platform throws regularly. Blake is going to be something special.
Look who is trolling the comments section over there:

Quote:<div>Jungle Cat

Sunday, September 28, 2014 @ 8:21 am

Drafting Blake Bortles was a mistake. He lacks elite talent.
</div>
All good things come to those who wait.......and we've waited
Quote:All good things come to those who wait.......and we've waited

Waited? Many of us died of old age...
Quote:Waited? Many of us died of old age...
Yup...... And now the children are waiting
Quote:Look who is trolling the comments section over there:

Lol

haha, trolls will be trolls

LOL. Am I the only one who sort of misses that dimwit. His stupidity bordered on comedy in and of itself.
Quote:LOL. Am I the only one who sort of misses that dimwit. His stupidity bordered on comedy in and of itself.
Hey, if he was our GM we our oline and dline would be much better but we still wouldnt have a QB or WR and none of the other positions would of been filled lol.

Lol. Maybe he is warming slightly to BB. At least he's not calling him "Biff" now. Hahahaha
One reason I am so excited about seeing Blake start is during his postgame presser, he explained what he did wrong on the second interception and called it "stupid." No fil/m necessary to learn not to ever throw across the body down the middle again.

Quote:LOL. Am I the only one who sort of misses that dimwit. His stupidity bordered on comedy in and of itself.

Yes