Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Florida Charger Fan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted to stop by and say hi, I'm a Charger fan who lives in Bartow,FL. I've been to the 4 SD/JAX games up there since 03 and all of your fans have been very good to my family. I'm a sports "FANATIC" and the Bolts are my favorite team of all, the only other 2 teams I remotely pull for are TB and JAX. I'm about hour from TB, so when you guys and the Bucs aren't playing the Bolts I pull for yall. I like Bortles glad he went to JAX, I'm about hour from UCF also so I follow the program pretty close. Were pretty "Banged up" right now, we'll see what happens Sunday. Any questions yall have about the Bolts I'd be glad to answer, lifelong fan haven't missed a game since 1997 and seen them live 11 times. Good Luck Sunday(not enough to win though :thumbsupSmile I will say we've had some good teams in the past, but this one has little "different feel".

Welcome to the craziest Jaguars message board on the Internet (what I call it). Some of us like more than one team and there are UCF fans here too.

Naturally, we are all excited about watching our new starting quarterback. In just half of one game, we already have seen what Blake Bortles can do: scramble in the pocket, run for a first down, help all 10 teammates play better, stand tall in the pocket, throw downfield, take chances, and use trickery to fool a defense. He clealry has the "it" factor. The difference was like night and day after halftime. If the game is even close, he will be the reason because our defense sucks. But there are still lots of questions about him because he only played during garbage time against the Colts, who were up by 30 at halftime, so most of us still are predicting a blowout loss.

I am sure you will get more relevant questions later, but the one thing I always wondered about San Diego is why they are called the Chargers and have a lightning bolt logo because they play in a dry city known for having almost perfect weather all year. Even Los Angeles, where they originated, does not get a lot of thunderstorms, so it is not like when the Titans were the Tennessee Oilers.

Chargers nickname came from Barron Hilton original owner, at USC and Dodger games at that time they were yelling "Charge" and sounding Bugles.

Sounds like your a Florida native how'd you end up a San Diego fan? Just curios welcome to the board you'll probably enjoy Sunday lol.
My Dad was born Indiana, there were no Colts then (they were in Baltimore). So he picked the Chargers(he liked the Uni's, he was young Smile) When he moved to FL and our current home town the Bucs weren't even around yet. So he stuck with SD, we always pulled for the Bucs as our "NFC" team but when the they play SD there just another team. Never took a liking to the Dolphins, even though I'm a Hurricane fan in college. When Jax came into they league I have always pulled for them and when I went up for the games I have been treated very well as an "opposing fan". Avid fan of every sport pro or college even Nascar, something special about my Charger fandom though I live and die with those guys.

Hurricanes fan? Then maybe you can tell us something about Allen Hurns, the guy who caught Blake's first career touchdown pass. My understanding is he came to Jacksonville to reunite with the OC Jedd Fisch. (My avatar is that touchdown play after he broke a tackle.) We also have Stephen Morris on our practice squad.

He had a good career at UM, especially last year. The only problem he had was a few drops, really glad he's been good for the Jags. Stephen Morris has Golden Arm, not much touch though. Really hated it when Jedd Fisch left.

Hey welcome!! Forget about the Bucs and make the Jags your 2nd favorite team ( Chargers are my 2nd favorite). I will not wish you luck for Sunday but no injuries for both teams. Go Jags!!!!!

Ha Ha, got to somewhat pull for the hometown team. Agreed really hope both teams come out injury free. Lord knows my Bolts don't need anymore.

Quote:He had a good career at UM, especially last year. The only problem he had was a few drops, really glad he's been good for the Jags. Stephen Morris has Golden Arm, not much touch though. Really hated it when Jedd Fisch left.

I keep wondering why Hurns was not drafted. He seems to be our best WR this year despite the way we got him.

There have been mixed opinions here about Fisch. Some people don't understand he is fine and was just limited by a crappy quarterback.
Welcome to the board.  Always nice to see good peeps from other teams genuinely interested in our team as well.  With Mathews and Woodhead out I'm hoping our run defense can have a bit of a turnaround against you guys.  But to tell you the truth, I wouldn't be surprised if Gates sets career records for receiving against us tomorrow  :mellow:

Quote:I keep wondering why Hurns was not drafted. He seems to be our best WR this year despite the way we got him.

There have been mixed opinions here about Fisch. Some people don't understand he is fine and was just limited by a crappy quarterback.

Hurns not being drafted has been explained to you before.  He's tall but doesn't have the big frame you want from a big WR.  The worry was there that his body wouldn't be able to handle the NFL for what his skillset is.  We still won't know the answer to this question for another season or two.  If you're going to be a 6'2" WR in the NFL, you need to be about 220 lbs to handle the hits from safeties you're going to take on a normal basis; Hurns is 195 lbs.  He also turned in a less than stellar 40 time.  He doesn't have that size and he's got skinny chicken legs, which have already reared their ugly heads by way of an ankle injury that's held him back in practice the last two weeks.  Thankfully it hasn't kept him from playing yet.  I hope that he's able to get bigger so he can have a nice long career, but the kid needs to beef up.  I've got high hopes for him though.