Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles and Bridgewater
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apologies if this is already posted elsewhere.

This from ESPN...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_...s-gameplan

I love how Blake is just thinking about preparation all week. He is certainly a humble guy to not talk about finally living his dream to be a starter in the NFL.

Just playing isn't enough. We want to play good ball.

Quote:Just playing isn't enough. We want to play good ball.

But if you don't play, you don't play good. Bortles must be excited about playing because he is very competitive. I think we as Jaguars fans must be patient through his ups and downs this season.
He has a lot of fun on the field, is always smiling

Will make a reckless throw, then follow it up with a beautiful touchdown pass

Has one of the strongest arms anyone's ever seen and will lodge it in your facemask

Can make plays with his feet if he has to

I've heard people say that Bortles is a Brett Favre clone. I'm definitely excited if he does become him.

Quote:He has a lot of fun on the field, is always smiling

Will make a reckless throw, then follow it up with a beautiful touchdown pass

Has one of the strongest arms anyone's ever seen and will lodge it in your facemask

Can make plays with his feet if he has to

I've heard people say that Bortles is a Brett Favre clone. I'm definitely excited if he does become him.
If Favre, Ben, and Wilson had a baby
The comparison I usually hear/read is Ben Roethlisberger. We will see how accurate that is soon.

John Oehser said Blake Bortles has the potential to be almost as good as Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees. I hope that's accurate.

Quote from Article, "The offensive philosophy won’t be any different with Bortles on the field, though. The Jaguars are still committed to running the ball and will continue to use the stretch play. Fisch will still call some bootleg passes, and there will be plenty of opportunities to go downfield."

Will still call some bootleg passes?  How many bootlegs did Henne run in the 2.5 games he played?

Quote:Quote from Article, "The offensive philosophy won’t be any different with Bortles on the field, though. The Jaguars are still committed to running the ball and will continue to use the stretch play. Fisch will still call some bootleg passes, and there will be plenty of opportunities to go downfield."

Will still call some bootleg passes?  How many bootlegs did Henne run in the 2.5 games he played?

Well I did hear we are going to run a lot of naked bootlegs, but had no idea bootleg passes were part of the plan. I guess some of the sacks he took were supposed to be BLPs.