Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sneaky good quip from Fred
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
During the pregame radio show before the Colts game last week, J.P. Shadrick, Mike Dempsey and Fred Taylor were discussing the Jaguars chances in the upcoming game. None of them predicted a win, but Fred said there was hope. When the other two scoffed, Fred displayed a clever since of humor when he replied "Hope can get you elected President", which got hearty laughs from Shadrick and Dempsey.

It was a pretty good one liner, no matter where you stand on the topic.

I know me and Fred don't agree on politics, doesn't make me love him any less. Fred's the man

Quote:I know me and Fred don't agree on politics, doesn't make me love him any less. Fred's the man

Judging from the way he said it, I'm not so sure you and Fred disagree on politics. I think he was being ironic.

Quote:Judging from the way he said it, I'm not so sure you and Fred disagree on politics. I think he was being ironic.

Be still oh my beating heart.........

I thought I remembered some pro-Obama talk from him in 2008 but that was a while ago, people change their minds. Looking back I can't really blame anyone for voting for Obama, heck the alternative was McCain Sick
Quote:Be still oh my beating heart.........

I thought I remembered some pro-Obama talk from him in 2008 but that was a while ago, people change their minds. Looking back I can't really blame anyone for voting for Obama, heck the alternative was McCain Sick

The alternative was not only McCain, but a missed heartbeat away from possibly being his running mate.
Quote:The alternative was not only McCain, but a missed heartbeat away from possibly being his running mate.
Yep.

I came within a sarah of voting for John.
Honestly, I would vote for Sarah (not that she'd ever realistically run) and really don't understand why she gets such a bad rap. The worst I've seen about her is people nitpicking her grammar or how she talks, or taking something she said out of context and blowing it out of proportion as being ignorant like when she suggested that Putin might one day invade the Ukraine. What am I missing that has so many flat out hating the woman?

Quote:Honestly, I would vote for Sarah (not that she'd ever realistically run) and really don't understand why she gets such a bad rap. The worst I've seen about her is people nitpicking her grammar or how she talks, or taking something she said out of context and blowing it out of proportion as being ignorant like when she suggested that Putin might one day invade the Ukraine. What am I missing that has so many flat out hating the woman?

I don't hate her. I'm just glad she is nowhere near the White House. There is no need to take what she says out of context, she says plenty of stupid things in context as it is.
Quote:Honestly, I would vote for Sarah (not that she'd ever realistically run) and really don't understand why she gets such a bad rap. The worst I've seen about her is people nitpicking her grammar or how she talks, or taking something she said out of context and blowing it out of proportion as being ignorant like when she suggested that Putin might one day invade the Ukraine. What am I missing that has so many flat out hating the woman?
It would literally be impossible for her to have been worse than what we currently are stuck with.
I don't hate her.

It's just that she's an imbecile.  6 years after running for office, she's still an imbecile.  I also spent some time in Alaska, so it didn't take long to figure out why she was popular there.  Hint: it's not because of small government, low taxes, or letting capitalism get it's unbridled way.
I don't see why she should be labeled an imbecile. I've watched her speak many times and always came away thinking she really knows what she's talking about. Unfortunately if you subscribe to liberal media outlets you've probably been bombarded with their attempts to degrade her by all means possible, and that's why she'll never have a shot at a fair election, which of course was their intent in doing so all along.

What are you suggesting about why she was so popular in Alaska?

Yes, it's not like Biden is much better.  Jobs is a three letter word, after all.  I think even Palin knows that to not be true.

Quote:Unfortunately if you subscribe to liberal media outlets you've probably been bombarded with their attempts to degrade her by all means possible, and that's why she'll never have a shot at a fair election, which of course was their intent in doing so all along.

I always liked this bit about the liberal media.  It compares how the same thing is perceived depending on a person's political persuasion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0-q8qX8rIc
Quote:The alternative was not only McCain, but a missed heartbeat away from possibly being his running mate.
THIS was the only reason I voted for Obama. I couldn't have that woman in the White House. It truly was a matter of voting for the lesser of two evils, though I'm not sure I got that one right at this point.
Quote:I don't see why she should be labeled an imbecile. I've watched her speak many times and always came away thinking she really knows what she's talking about. Unfortunately if you subscribe to liberal media outlets you've probably been bombarded with their attempts to degrade her by all means possible, and that's why she'll never have a shot at a fair election, which of course was their intent in doing so all along.

I am definitely not liberal (though I'm not conservative either) and I am not persuaded one way or the other by the media outside of thinking 99% of it is garbage and lies. I just don't like her. I did at first but then she kept opening her mouth and words kept coming out. Maybe on a small scale she'd be tolerable, but not on a national scale.
Quote:Judging from the way he said it, I'm not so sure you and Fred disagree on politics. I think he was being ironic.

It wouldn't surprise me.

He had all his money taken (stolen) away from him, and he had to fight for more of it. He may take a conservative approach to keeping him money given his history.
Quote:I am definitely not liberal (though I'm not conservative either) and I am not persuaded one way or the other by the media outside of thinking 99% of it is garbage and lies. I just don't like her. I did at first but then she kept opening her mouth and words kept coming out. Maybe on a small scale she'd be tolerable, but not on a national scale.

I don't have a problem with Sarah Palin but I think making her the VP nominee was a political game that blew up in the GOP's face. She wasn't at all qualified to be the VP and one heart beat away from the White House. She still isn't, as a commentator I find her entertaining and some of her view points I share but that doesn't mean I want her in the White House.  
Quote:I don't see why she should be labeled an imbecile. I've watched her speak many times and always came away thinking she really knows what she's talking about. Unfortunately if you subscribe to liberal media outlets you've probably been bombarded with their attempts to degrade her by all means possible, and that's why she'll never have a shot at a fair election, which of course was their intent in doing so all along.

No one needs to degrade what Palin says - just televise her.  Every time she opens her mouth, her party gets further away from the White House.

As for why she was so popular in Alaska?  She gave the voters money.  She signed the Alaska Resource Rebate Program that gave every qualified resident 1200 bucks in addition to money they had already been receiving from the state under a similar program that has been law since the 70s.

That's the dirty little secret about Alaska:  it's a gigantic welfare state.  Not that I have a problem with it, just don't paint yourself as some bastion of free-market capitalism when you're handing out money gained from taxing companies using state-owned property and giving an equal share to everyone.

Edited for grammar

Agreed. I heard that live, and thought it was a dig at Barry.
Speaking of our dear Sarah...

[Image: 10659194_10204236397605300_2367234476295...097d2f067d]

Pages: 1 2