Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South-Week 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The big news in the division this week is Gus Bradley naming Blake Bortles the Jaguars' starting QB.  It was never a matter of "if" but when, and when came a lot earlier than many Jaguars fans expected.  Meanwhile, Andrew Luck was named AFC offensive player of the week by torching the Jaguars like everyone else has done thus far this year.  Houston and Tennessee made no news at the QB spot this week, as both of their starters seemed to play to expectations-not very high ones-in blowout losses last week.

Now for this week's matchups...

Buffalo
(2-1) at Houston
(2-1)-both teams came back down to earth after surprising some with 2-0 starts.  I, for one, was not surprised.  Despite bad years last year, both teams have lots of talent on their rosters, saddled mainly by questionable QB play. In Buffalo's case, it is more a matter of inexperience at this point, whereas in Houston, they are starting a journeyman in Ryan Fitzpatrick, who actually played in Buffalo a few years back.  I am dying to see the matchup of J.J. Watt vs. the Buffalo offensive line.  In Houston's 3-4 under Wade Phillips, Watt often wound up going against guards.  I am not sure how Houston is utilizing him thus far.  If he goes against the Buffalo RT, he will go up against Seantrel Henderson, a very talented RT who dropped big time in the draft due to repeated marijuana issues.  He has the size, long arms, and foot quickness to give Watt a good matchup.  I think Watt would have more success going up against G and former RT Erik Pears.  I think Buffalo
wins a very close and interesting matchup on the road 24-20.

Tennessee
(1-2) at Indianapolis
(1-2)-after dropping their first two games against high powered offenses in Denver and Philly, Indy bounced back against the initially Henne led Jaguars, while Tennessee has dropped two straight after opening with a win in KC. Continuation is the theme, as Tennessee's slide and Indy's rebound continues.  Indy
30-17.

Jacksonville
(0-3) at San Diego
(2-1).  Jacksonville will get something of a lift from QB Blake Bortles, and the passing game will make some plays, but it isn't enough to overcome a disastrously disappointing defense.  Phillip Rivers and company will have a huge game, to drop my Jaguars to 0-4.  San Diego 34
  Jacksonville 20

Last week:  2-1

Overall:  7-4

7-4 this season.

2-1 last week.

Colts over Titans

Chargers over Jaguars

Texans over Bills

Jags Titans and Bills. Taking a punt this week.
Quote:Jags Titans and Bills. Taking a punt this week.

Like most conversations you're in?

Smile
Houston struggled with Jennings and the NYG Offensive Line, I think Fred Jackson will really give them fits. Buffalo over Houston.

Tennessee is too far away to go toe to toe with Luck and Co. Indianapolis beats Tennessee.

Bortles will give a bump, but the Defense is too far away. Rivers tears them apart. San Diahgo over Jacksonville.

2 - 1 Last week, 2-1 overall (slacker)

Buffalo Bills: 10

Houston Texans: 21

Tennessee Titans: 7

<b>Indianapolis Colts: 28

San Diego Chargers: 42

Jacksonville Jaguars: 17
</b>

I can't see the Bills continuing to win... I can't see Houston continuing to win, either... What happens when the resistible force meets the movable object?

Houston 23 Buffalo 16

titans 10 colts 35

I think the chargers will likely beat the Jaguars, but not by as much as some seem to think. I think Bortles will make a BIG difference for the team and we'll score more than 20 points and the defense will play better than it has been making this a pretty close one. Something like 20-28.

My first week

Colts over Titans

Chargers over Jags

Bills over Houston

Apparently, Jake Locker is injured and may not play.

If he sits, former Charger and Seahawk Charlie Whitehurst will start.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/titansin.../16272349/

Meanwhile, the Bolts are experiencing some instability at C.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/sep/...hrnberger/

However, Legursky is an experienced starter.

Sad that the Chargers can go three deep in experienced Cs, while the top two Cs on the Jaguars had ZERO (0) starts between them.

More Chargers stuff...

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/sep/...-troutman/

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/sep/...-attaochu/

I'm betting most of the injured guys don't play.

Bills over Texans

Colts over Titans

Chargers over Jags

7-4

2-1 last week
When I looked at San Diego's injury report, I thought no way are Keenan Allen and Antonio Gates not playing.

The last time I saw Legursky, he was subbing for Maurkice Pouncey at Super Bowl 45. The Chargers should be fine with him in the middle.

Anyone who thinks San Diego will lose because of injuries definitely needs to learn something about how we play on the West Coast.

Indy (and Luck will get praise for it now matter  what he does somehow Sick), Buffalo (Fitzpatrick will lose the job) Jacksonville

My first week at this:

Bills over Texans

Titans over Colts

Chargers over Jags

...who knows?

Could happen...

6-5 this season.

2-1 in Week # 3.

Houston over Buffalo                 Likely a Defensive oriented game. 

Indianapolis over Tennessee    My NFL Survivor pick for Week # 4.   

San Diego over Jacksonville  .  Blake Bortles helps keep the score closer than the consensus projection.   

What is the "consensus projection" for our game's score?

Quote:What is the "consensus projection" for our game's score?

I will guess 31-27. I would love to say the Jaguars win, but it probably won't happen. The 1st half score will be 17-10 in favor of the chargers.
Houston over Buffalo

Jags over San Diego

Tennessee over Indy

I'm 0-3 seeing as I selected these same three teams to win last week. 

I think the home crowd is going to fluster the Buffalo offense enough to keep them out of the end zone.

I think San Diego is due for a mistake filled game.. their time to come down to Earth, back to reality.

I think Tennessee is going to out-physical the Colts. 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Colts

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Chargers

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Texans

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Last week 2-1

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Overall 6-5

Woke up to find whitehurst starting! Too late to change??
Pages: 1 2