Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2014 NFL TV Distribution Maps - Week 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Andrew Catalon, former Buffalo Bills defensive back Steve Tasker, and former Jaguars and NFL QB  Steve Beuerlein, together are announcing another road game involving our Jacksonville Jaguars. All three are announcing  Jaguars late single header road game at San Diego for The NFL ON CBS this Sunday afternoon, seen regionally in the USA,  including locally in Jacksonville on  WJAX-TV CBS Channel 47, seen live on HD.  :yes:

WFOX-TV Channel 30 is also televising both Packers @ Bears, and Eagles @ 49ers NFL On FOX primary early and late double header games in Jacksonville this Sunday afternoon, both games seen live on HD.   B)    Smile    :thumbsup:   ^_^

http://506sports.com/

http://www.the506.com/

You're early, that is still last weeks.

If you click on Week 4, it is there.

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2014&wk=4

Something I will point out. SD-JAX is the only CBS game at 4 and we have a huge viewing area. Our game will be on LA, Chicago and NYC. Not to mention Pittsburgh and most of Colorado, Michigan and Wisconsin. Alot of eyes could be on Blake Bortles' first start.

Quote:If you click on Week 4, it is there.

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2014&wk=4

Something I will point out. SD-JAX is the only CBS game at 4 and we have a huge viewing area. Our game will be on LA, Chicago and NYC. Not to mention Pittsburgh and most of Colorado, Michigan and Wisconsin. Alot of eyes could be on Blake Bortles' first start.
Except CBS had the late game last week....

so barring anything I'm unaware of, the late CBS game won't actually be on TV...

if I am missing something please fill me in. As it stands right now, my local cable station is only playing the early CBS game so I'll be going to the local pub for the Jags game.
Quote:Except CBS had the late game last week....

so barring anything I'm unaware of, the late CBS game won't actually be on TV...

if I am missing something please fill me in. As it stands right now, my local cable station is only playing the early CBS game so I'll be going to the local pub for the Jags game.

CBS had the double header last weekend. So each market only gets one CBS game, regardless of start time.

However...

Any market with a "home" Fox game at 1 (Chicago, NYC, Pittsburgh), will have to show the CBS late game which is our game.

Detroit, Green Bay and Tampa are on the road so it looks like those affiliates chose to air the CBS late game instead of competing against the home team.

LA and San Diego probably always show Chargers games.

And with the Broncos on a bye, their nornal viewing area is getting the game featuring their biggest in-division threat.
Quote:CBS had the double header last weekend. So each market only gets one CBS game, regardless of start time.

However...

Any market with a "home" Fox game at 1 (Chicago, NYC, Pittsburgh), will have to show the CBS late game which is our game.

Detroit, Green Bay and Tampa are on the road so it looks like those affiliates chose to air the CBS late game instead of competing against the home team.

LA and San Diego probably always show Chargers games.

And with the Broncos on a bye, their nornal viewing area is getting the game featuring their biggest in-division threat.
Ahhhh thanks for the info....

I'm guessing my local CBS affiliate chose the Panthers/Ravens game, due to the area being mostly Saints fans.

Or, they think it'll bring more ratings than the Jags being blown out lol
UGH! It happened again - most of America can see the game I want to watch and I am stuck with a local team. With the Jaguars playing at 4:00 I would have been able to watch the Packers if I was not so close to Tampa. Will there ever be free Sunday ticket without a satellite dish?

Quote:Will there ever be free Sunday ticket without a satellite dish?
No.

Why would they want to just give something like that away?
Quote:No.

Why would they want to just give something like that away?

DirecTV gives it away to new customers. Unfortunately because of where I live I am stuck with Cox.
Quote:DirecTV gives it away to new customers. Unfortunately because of where I live I am stuck with Cox.
DirecTV only does that to lock you into a contract with them for 2 years. Keeping you stuck with crappy satellite for 2 years (unless you opt out of contract for about what Sunday Ticket costs)
Finally the Jags are on in Wisconsin!

Bah was hoping to get Tampa again. 

Stuck with that awful Miami/Oakland London game here in Dothan. Welp, looks like BWW-time again!
Quote:DirecTV only does that to lock you into a contract with them for 2 years. Keeping you stuck with crappy satellite for 2 years (unless you opt out of contract for about what Sunday Ticket costs)

I know satellites suck but it sure would be nice if I could control what games I watch and not have to put up with a horrible cable company.
The question I have when looking at the CBS Map is why is Western Washington State and Northern Idaho getting the Tennessee-Indianapolis game?   I would understand if Seattle got that game because of the U-W/ Jake Locker connection.   But Seattle is getting Carolina- Baltimore,  which on paper is the better game.

Quote:The question I have when looking at the CBS Map is why is Western Washington State and Northern Idaho getting the Tennessee-Indianapolis game?   I would understand if Seattle got that game because of the U-W/ Jake Locker connection.   But Seattle is getting Carolina- Baltimore,  which on paper is the better game.

I am sure head scratchers like that happen every week. Why  don't they show the Dolphins/Raiders game, since Oakland is the closest AFC team?
Quote:The question I have when looking at the CBS Map is why is Western Washington State and Northern Idaho getting the Tennessee-Indianapolis game?   I would understand if Seattle got that game because of the U-W/ Jake Locker connection.   But Seattle is getting Carolina- Baltimore,  which on paper is the better game.
That is odd.
Quote:I am sure head scratchers like that happen every week. Why  don't they show the Dolphins/Raiders game, since Oakland is the closest AFC team?

Because Oakland is a long way from Western Washington St.  and Northern Idaho,  combined with the Raiders struggling again this season,   my guess is the Raiders aren't a team that most people away from California,  Nevada,  and Southern Oregon would want to watch.

If the Broncos were playing on CBS and the Seahawks weren't playing at the same time,   that's the AFC Team that would seem like the best natural fit for Western Washington St.  and Northern Idaho.   Especially since the Broncos have an elite Offense and are a major Super Bowl contender again.   Otherwise,  unless there's a high profile player from Washington St. University in a game,   the best option in that market would appear to be the top game available.   Tennessee at Indianapolis is anything but a top game on paper.   To the point that the Colts are my highest confidence points selection in FBT's Pickem contest.
Quote:That is odd.

I can't think of a logical reason beyond the decision.
Our game will be shown in multiple state across the nation, but in Panama City Fl I have to watch the freaking Miami game AGAIN.  I get so tired of this Jacksonville is over 3 times closer then Miami what gives.

Pages: 1 2