Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: PIRATES BACK IN THE PLAYOFFS !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Raise the Jolly Rancher -- the Buccos are back in the playoffs !!

Wildcard for now (1.5 games behind the Cards) but I'll take it given the horrible start they had to the season.

The Jolly Rancher?  LOL

Go Bucs!

Pittsburgh Pirate-Baltimore Orioles World Series would be a dream, Both cities/areas would be wild.

Quote:Pittsburgh Pirate-Baltimore Orioles World Series would be a dream, Both cities/areas would be wild.
To quote the great Blaine Gabbert, "Woah their....". Let's not put the horse before the cart. As a Pirate fan, two years in a row of playoffs following 20 years of terribleness puts things in perspective. One game and series at a time! Smile
Quote:Pittsburgh Pirate-Baltimore Orioles World Series would be a dream, Both cities/areas would be wild.
And the ratings would be abysmal. 

Granted, the ratings have been tanking for years, but neither market would be a huge draw unfortunately.  It would be an entertaining World Series to watch as a baseball fan. 
Boy the last 2 years have been so much fun.  I had forgotten how much I enjoy baseball until a few years ago when the Bucs started competing again.  Let's Go Bucs...I can hear the organ from Three Rivers Stadium playing right now.  It was always so freaking loud you could hear it over the announcers on TV, and at the stadium.....well....deafening.

Quote:And the ratings would be abysmal. 

Granted, the ratings have been tanking for years, but neither market would be a huge draw unfortunately.  It would be an entertaining World Series to watch as a baseball fan. 
I could care less about the ratings.

That would be my best case scenario this year, it would be great to watch for baseball fans.  Two great cities that I would love to see play for it all.  Anyone outside of the Yankees/Sox/Cardinals works for me too though.
That would definitely be cool to see. They can shove the ratings.