Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This team might not win all year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Bortles was a spark and provided some much needed life in this team.  That being said, the issues are far deeper than just QB.  We got spanked 30-0 in our own house at halftime.  We haven't even been in the neighborhood of winning a game since the 1st quarter of week 1.

So whats all the problems?  Literally there are dozens but lets just list the main issues

1. This is the worst offensive line in the league. They can't run block and they can't pass block.  Allowing free runners to kill your QB is a recipe for disaster.

2. There is very little pass rush.  Qbs get too long to pass against this team.  Every QB we faced has had 5+ seconds in the pocket. 

3. Too many blown coverages.  Atleast a couple of times a game there is a receiver running wide  open  for a deep pass against us.  Unacceptable.

4. Poor play calling on both offense/defense.  How many times do we have to see gerhart run that stretch play for 0 yards? They run is multiple times every game and don't understand it does not work.  What about the short passes on 3rd and long?   Why do we play a soft 4 man pass rush on every 3rd and long?  Time and time again the Qb's get all day in the pocket and get the 1st down.  The d coordinator constantly calls that fake blitz only to see this team get torched on 3rd and long.  Playcalling just sucks on both sides of the ball.

5. The coaching and scheme just suck.  Good coaches create a gameplan that maximizes the talent a team has.  The schemes they have in place do not match the talent of this ball club and they do not change it.  The same things are not working and they keep bashing their head against the same wall.  The coaching staff is failing this team.

6. The players.  Too many mental errors.   The players are either confused or just not prepared to play on Sunday. 

Unless there is dramatic improvement I cannot see this team winning a game all year.  This team has regressed from last year.  If this rebuild continues like this it maybe another 10 years before we see an acceptable football team here in Jacksonville.

You must have been very worried that people were feeling good.

It's almost impossible to go winless in the NFL. People were predicting the same thing a year ago. The wins will come.
1, 4, 5, and 6 are all improved greatly with Bortles out there. And it showed today. 2 gets a boost from a competent offense giving the def a rest.

Can't you just enjoy the positivity finally flowing?
Quote:It's almost impossible to go winless in the NFL. People were predicting the same thing a year ago. The wins will come.

The wins will come...  But the question is this:

Are the wins because of the coaches or in spite of them?

The offensive coordinator has no idea how to use the RBs and the WRs...  
I don't agree with your win assessment at all. We have plenty of problems, but we play in an incredibly weak division, and our roster is more talented than last year. The O Line sucks, but our starting RT is out, and our starting RG and OC are rookies, and our starting LT may as well be a rookie. Gonna take some time to jell. They'll get better all year and will be ready to roll next season.

You make some good points on the issues, but to say we won't win a game sounds more like a middle school girl saying the world is over because Justin Bieber won't share her instagram pic.

Chill. Out.

Quote:It's almost impossible to go winless in the NFL. People were predicting the same thing a year ago. The wins will come.
The bucs did it so it's not unheard of.  I hope I am wrong but there are 0 signs of it happening right now.  At this very moment we are by far the worst team in the NFL.  In fact, this is by far the worst Jaguars team ever.   Getting blown out every week is very discouraging.
I'll put it like this. We had 28 total yards in the first half and finished with 300 plus total yards. The only change that was made was the qb. I think we'll manage to scrap up a few wins this year. 

Quote:The wins will come...  But the question is this:

Are the wins because of the coaches or in spite of them?

The offensive coordinator has no idea how to use the RBs and the WRs...

The play calling was completely different in the 2nd half. theyll be fine. There's a lot of youth out there.
If the OC has no clue how to utilize the players, the fact is we will go from a horrible team to a mediocre team.

But we'll never become a perennial playoff contender if we have an OC that has no idea that he SHOULD NEVER RUN GERHART (or a RB like him) off tackle.
Quote:The bucs did it so it's not unheard of. I hope I am wrong but there are 0 signs of it happening right now. At this very moment we are by far the worst team in the NFL. In fact, this is by far the worst Jaguars team ever. Getting blown out every week is very discouraging.

It's happened twice in the history of he NFL. It's as rare as going undefeated.
Quote:Bortles was a spark and provided some much needed life in this team.  That being said, the issues are far deeper than just QB.  We got spanked 30-0 in our own house at halftime.  We haven't even been in the neighborhood of winning a game since the 1st quarter of week 1.

So whats all the problems?  Literally there are dozens but lets just list the main issues

1. This is the worst offensive line in the league. They can't run block and they can't pass block.  Allowing free runners to kill your QB is a recipe for disaster.

We expected this to occur while the line got itself worked out. But how much of it was Henne's bad play? Bortles looked good out there. 

2. There is very little pass rush.  Qbs get too long to pass against this team.  Every QB we faced has had 5+ seconds in the pocket. 

Defense gets gassed having to spend that much time out there. I don't care how good you are. We know what the defense is capable of, but when you are out there over 20 minutes TOP in the first half, what do you expect? I want to see you go hard and fast as you can for even 10 minutes and tell me you won't be tired. 

3. Too many blown coverages.  Atleast a couple of times a game there is a receiver running wide  open  for a deep pass against us.  Unacceptable.

Again see above.

4. Poor play calling on both offense/defense.  How many times do we have to see gerhart run that stretch play for 0 yards? They run is multiple times every game and don't understand it does not work.  What about the short passes on 3rd and long?   Why do we play a soft 4 man pass rush on every 3rd and long?  Time and time again the Qb's get all day in the pocket and get the 1st down.  The d coordinator constantly calls that fake blitz only to see this team get torched on 3rd and long.  Playcalling just sucks on both sides of the ball.

Again see above

5. The coaching and scheme just suck.  Good coaches create a gameplan that maximizes the talent a team has.  The schemes they have in place do not match the talent of this ball club and they do not change it.  The same things are not working and they keep bashing their head against the same wall.  The coaching staff is failing this team.

The gameplan is based on the players playing, the focal point of the offense is the QB so you have to gameplan within his skill set. So yea it was bad. As for the defense, see above. 

6. The players.  Too many mental errors.   The players are either confused or just not prepared to play on Sunday. 

See above for all. 

Unless there is dramatic improvement I cannot see this team winning a game all year.  This team has regressed from last year.  If this rebuild continues like this it maybe another 10 years before we see an acceptable football team here in Jacksonville.
I responded to all your numbers under all your numbers. I figured you were smarter than this of all people. 
Quote:The play calling was completely different in the 2nd half. theyll be fine. There's a lot of youth out there.

I don't know about that... I think the QB improvised ALOT more in the 2nd half...  That's for sure...
Bortles will win.

Our schedule so far has been:

Eagles - (3-0)

Redskins (1-2, but two losses against tough teams)

Colts (1-2, but two losses against tough teams that are undefeated)

Quote:I don't know about that... I think the QB improvised ALOT more in the 2nd half...  That's for sure...

On a few plays, but they were also calling different running plays with him out there. Never once saw that misdirection pitch to Robinson with Henne out there.
I can understand the immensely negative feeling. We're getting blown out. Today, at our home opener, against a team that many predicted we would probably have our best chance at, we set a franchise record for allowing the most points scored against us in one half.

Still, we have what now appears to be a genuine franchise quarterback in Blake Bortles. He doesn't go down as easily as Chad Henne did, so we might be able to convert some third downs now. This should help our defense to be able to get a breather before retaking the field. I suspect we'll see some wins before the season is over. Now if Chad had stayed in there.... I would agree with you; we go winless. Now we have a chance...

Even this team doesn't go 0-4 against the Titans and Texans.

Quote:The play calling was completely different in the 2nd half. theyll be fine. There's a lot of youth out there.
And why was that sir?
Blake is no flake.

Pages: 1 2 3