Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Exciting isn't it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The new era has started. Bortles is the guy going forward. How do you guys think he will fair over then next few years? What does he do for this team going forward for this year?

I for one and excited to see this new aged being ushered in. It will be interesting to see how it will turn out in the next few weeks playing two away games but none the less, what are you guys ideas about it?  

I am very excited, I know there will be bumps but I think we will see what we never really saw with BG which is glimmers of greatness, next week will probably be rough but I think it will improve each week, it feels like we can finally see the light at what's been a very long tunnel
What excites me is there's do denying Blake Bortles is an immmense talent, just think about the talent (offensively and deffensively) they'll be able to put around because of their draft and cap space resources.

I have never been so excited after a 27 point loss in my entire life.
I already knew he would perform well.  He just met my expectations and made some mistakes along the way as is expected from a rookie.  I think with a full week of practice he will build chemistry with the offense.  Im excited, Go Jags
Quote:I have never been so excited after a 27 point loss in my entire life.

^this
I'm excited. I literally started screaming when Bortles went in. Still, there are some concerns after watching him but there is no doubt the offense is more fluid with him running things.

Quote:I have never been so excited after a 27 point loss in my entire life.

Anyone who disagrees with that did not watch the second half. Even when most passes were incomplete, I could tell Bortles made the whole offense better.
Quote:I already knew he would perform well.  He just met my expectations and made some mistakes along the way as is expected from a rookie.  I think with a full week of practice he will build chemistry with the offense.  Im excited, Go Jags
He made the rookie mistakes but still came out and played strong. He has a lot of promise. I don't like him having to go to an away game for his first true start but I guess now is better than later
At least with Bortles, we have a feeling of optimisim. Nothing against Chad, but with him you just felt that it was more of the same old losing formula that we've been getting fed for years now...

Quote:At least with Bortles, we have a feeling of optimisim. Nothing against Chad, but with him you just felt that it was more of the same old losing formula that we've been getting fed for years now...
This. I feel the team may have a chance now 
Quote:I'm excited. I literally started screaming when Bortles went in. Still, there are some concerns after watching him but there is no doubt the offense is more fluid with him running things.

I was chanting, "Bortles! Bortles! Bortles!" after the second half kickoff.

There were two mistakes that stood out: The safety we luckily avoided by declining a penalty and his second interception. His first interception was just good defense. He was sacked once because there was no room to step up, meaning it was the offensive line's fault. Many incomplete passes were on target. So despite the mistakes, he is already showing us he is the best quarterback in Jacksonville. 
Quote:At least with Bortles, we have a feeling of optimisim. Nothing against Chad, but with him you just felt that it was more of the same old losing formula that we've been getting fed for years now...

Nothing more confirming of this than the 3rd and 12 he converted right before the Hurns TD. I sat there and thought "you know, Bortles can get this, I'm not worried"
Quote:He made the rookie mistakes but still came out and played strong. He has a lot of promise. I don't like him having to go to an away game for his first true start but I guess now is better than later

Totally agree with that. I would prefer his first start be a home game too. But two weeks of practice should make him better for the Steelers game.
That pass to hurns was a great throw followed by a even better shake off of 3 defenders for a 63 ud score.

Rookie and rookie connection for the next 13 games.

Go Jags!!!
Quote:The new era has started. Bortles is the guy going forward. How do you guys think he will fair over then next few years? What does he do for this team going forward for this year?

I for one and excited to see this new aged being ushered in. It will be interesting to see how it will turn out in the next few weeks playing two away games but none the less, what are you guys ideas about it?  

I think the passing game is in fine hands with Bortles and the young WRs.

Lee, Robinson, and Hurns have all shown potential playmaking ability.

We need to get the blocking in order.

Once we do, we will be a formidable offense.
Quote:I think the passing game is in fine hands with Bortles and the young WRs.

Lee, Robinson, and Hurns have all shown potential playmaking ability.

We need to get the blocking in order.

Once we do, we will be a formidable offense.

I know it was against the Colts but I thought the blocking looked markedly better today.
Can't argue with results....everything got better.

He is so far beyond gabber and henne it's not even funny.

a rookie that's on'y played preseason comes out and hangs up more points in two quarters that henne did in what.....8?

Buckle up....the Bortles era has begun. :thumbsup:

Quote:I know it was against the Colts but I thought the blocking looked markedly better today.

Mostly after Bortles went in. Backups sacked Henne. We had a lot more rushing yards in the second half too.
Quote:I know it was against the Colts but I thought the blocking looked markedly better today.

I think the run blocking looked better.

I think the amount of pressure on the QB was troubling, even though the Colts could simply pin their ears back all game.

But I am happy with what I saw of Bortles, Robinson, and Hurns.
Pages: 1 2