Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is this a crucial game for Gerhart?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I mean if his wheels don't get going here with this weak Colts D line we might have a problem.

As long as they don't him on stretch plays. The colts are vulnerable up the middle, but can our offensive line open up the holes? The colts will load the box, I'm sure everyone expects that. Hopefully Henne can beat single coverage... I'm not expecting it though
It is not like Gerhart is competing for the starting job. What's crucial is we can run the ball more and take advantage of Indy's injury-plagued defensive line.

I doubt it, this season is meaningless according to Caldwell

It's week 3. Calm down.
Gerhart will go as the line goes.  If they don't stink it up, he'll do well.  If they continue to struggle, so will he.  It's more on the line at this point.  He's been unimpressive to say the least, but he's had to elude tacklers in the backfield on a third of his carries.  

BTW.  All of this "stretch play" talk is ridiculous. A stretch play doesn't require blazing speed to work. It requires good blocking. 
Quote:It's week 3. Calm down.

3 weeks of your starting running back averaging less than 2.5 yards per carry would be a concern.

Well we can't throw anything to get the defense off balance I don't believe this is a run first to set up the pass league anymore. You have to do something to get the defense off balance first then magically the running lanes show up.

If the line does well Slowby is probably good for 70 yards

Quote:3 weeks of your starting running back averaging less than 2.5 yards per carry would be a concern.
He's new...and he's been banged up.

Remember when Taylor and MJD sucked out of the gate?
Quote:I doubt it, this season is meaningless according to Caldwell

When did Caldwell said this is a meaningless season?

Quote:When did Caldwell said this is a meaningless season?

Probably because he won't start a rookie QB. #butthurt
Amelia has a lot to prove this week. The Colts are as porous a defense as we've faced, and if he can't get 4ypc against them, he'll struggle to get it against anyone.

Storm Johnson is the best back on the team. Play him for some productivity, but its Gus so I doubt it.

Quote:Probably because he won't start a rookie QB. #butthurt

He never said this season is meaningless. He just said Bortles won't start this year. There is no connection between the two statements.
Quote:Storm Johnson is the best back on the team. Play him for some productivity, but its Gus so I doubt it.

How is he better than Denard Robinson?

Quote:He never said this season is meaningless. He just said Bortles won't start this year. There is no connection between the two statements.

Exactly....
If they can't run the ball better this week I will be concerned, regardless if it's Toby or Robinson.  They should be able to run the ball against this defense and we're at week 3.  Things should be coming together soon.

Quote:Storm Johnson is the best back on the team. Play him for some productivity, but its Gus so I doubt it.
ummm based on what?
He has been horrible...But so has our OLine..... I just hope something goes right at some point.

Pages: 1 2