Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Oh What a Tangled Web We Weave, When First We Practice to Deceive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My name is A HIGH SCORE and I'm a compulsive liar. Every weekend I am filled with hope and excitement and anticipation. Every weekend I torment my with misguided false hope.

And then a Sunday happens.

Why do I do it? Why do I fill myself with this intoxicating yet fleeting sense of hope?

Am I adorably naive? A glutton for punishment? Or am I just a Jaguars fan?

Perhaps all three. But it is Saturday night, and I am falling peacefully asleep, eager for the morning- completely convinced that we will beat the Colts tomorrow.

Good night and go Jaguars!
Quote:My name is A HIGH SCORE and I'm a compulsive liar. 

Hi HIGH SCORE
Shouldn't this be in the sideline section? :whistling:
Quote:Shouldn't this be in the sideline section?

yep
Quote:My name is A HIGH SCORE and I'm a compulsive liar. Every weekend I am filled with hope and excitement and anticipation. Every weekend I torment my with misguided false hope.

And then a Sunday happens.

Why do I do it? Why do I fill myself with this intoxicating yet fleeting sense of hope?

Am I adorably naive? A glutton for punishment? Or am I just a Jaguars fan?

Perhaps all three. But it is Saturday night, and I am falling peacefully asleep, eager for the morning- completely convinced that we will beat the Colts tomorrow.

Good night and go Jaguars!

As bad as we have it, there are fan bases who have suffered just as bad or worse and got through it. My wife is from New Orleans for example and they went through 20 years of losing. Tampa had some really bad stretches.

Things *will* get better for us eventually too. So keep on getting up with an optimistic outlook on Sunday fall mornings!
Hi HighScore.  My name is The_Anchorman, and I too am a Jaguar fan...

This is a safe place to explore your demons...  Usually...

I suffer right along with u!

But im in los Angeles. ..

The only jaguars fan in ca I think lol.

And I have to listen to jags games on Internet radio
It's the colts man we got this! I'll feel that way up until about 1:30
The Patriots put in 41 mostly miserable years before they won a Super Bowl, during which time the Red Sox were in the throes of an 86 year drought (luckily for them MLB made it so that teams could basically buy pennants and they are a moneyed team, otherwise they'd likely be up to 97 years)

Well I have faith and I have the Jaguars picked today, final score Jags 28 Clots 21

Quote:Well I have faith and I have the Jaguars picked today, final score Jags 28 Clots 21

Someone started drinking early today! :whistling:
There will be A HIGH SCORE, but it will belong to the other team.
I wake up every Monday morning and try to remember if Sunday really happened or if it was just another bad dream...