Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ideas for new home boards.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Sad to see the jungle go.

Anyone have a place in mind?

Reddit is ok. But I'm not a huge fan.
Not really. Been here since 2004. A bunch of annoying posters bUT I'll miss em. Wonder what the big time posters will do with all their free time? Sucks though.
Quote:Sad to see the jungle go.

Anyone have a place in mind?

Reddit is ok. But I'm not a huge fan.

I joined this forum when I couldn't access the Jungle:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/vi...m.php?f=21

It would be OK if enough of us got involved probably. I'm open to other suggestions from folks...

go to reddit

I'm wondering if Big Cat Country might be open to the idea of hosting a board. I'm even thinking if every member here would want to pony up like $2, we could quickly build up an incentive package to help encourage the idea.

BTW, I'm talking about a one-time thing with the $2.  ...I'm sure none of us like the idea of a "premium" site where we actually have to pay even $1 monthly.  At one time there was another decent board, but they ruined everything by going premium.

I just don't understand how they can expect social media and the official website to take the place of a forum like this. FB is the closest you'll get to a forum and it's always limited by the number of posts you can easily see at any one time.

Seems a massive backward step to me.

And for fans like me who don't live in Jacksonville, this forum has been a wonderful way of keeping in touch with the Jaguars.

Is there any possibility of this forum being taken on an run independently of the Jaguars?
Quote:I'm wondering if Big Cat Country might be open to the idea of hosting a board. I'm even thinking if every member here would want to pony up like $2, we could quickly build up an incentive package to help encourage the idea.

BTW, I'm talking about a one-time thing with the $2.  ...I'm sure none of us like the idea of a "premium" site where we actually have to pay even $1 monthly.  At one time there was another decent board, but they ruined everything by going premium.
Honestly, I want nothing to do with that site.
Prosportsdaily.com is another one
Ok , ok. You all wire transfer me 50 bucks each and I'll stea.........I mean set up a new forum for us. :woot: Yeah, yeah.. new forum.

Quote:Honestly, I want nothing to do with that site.
I wouldn't either. But I would be open to the idea of spotting a bit of cash to give incentive to a new host.

Quote:I joined this forum when I couldn't access the Jungle:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=21'>http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=21</a>ill check it out.

It would be OK if enough of us got involved probably. I'm open to other suggestions from folks...
Quote:I wouldn't either. But I would be open to the idea of spotting a bit of cash to give incentive to a new host.

A new host wouldn't necessarily be required.  It might be best if there was a way to separate this board from the team site and run it independently using the current host.  It might mean there is a sponsor or advertising to keep it going, but you've got a built in base of registered users who have years of involvement in the community already. 
Quote:I just don't understand how they can expect social media and the official website to take the place of a forum like this. FB is the closest you'll get to a forum and it's always limited by the number of posts you can easily see at any one time.

Seems a massive backward step to me.

And for fans like me who don't live in Jacksonville, this forum has been a wonderful way of keeping in touch with the Jaguars.

Is there any possibility of this forum being taken on an run independently of the Jaguars?

We have asked if that's a possibility.
I have a website for real estate that no one really uses, I can probably repurpose it if anyone knows how to help.

Quote:A new host wouldn't necessarily be required. It might be best if there was a way to separate this board from the team site and run it independently using the current host. It might mean there is a sponsor or advertising to keep it going, but you've got a built in base of registered users who have years of involvement in the community already.
let's do it. Those are small sacrifices. These boards are pretty unique in the local sense. I'd hate to see them go.
Quote:let's do it. Those are small sacrifices. These boards are pretty unique in the local sense. I'd hate to see them go.

I'd support it.  If anyone can actually find out if it's actually do-able to acquire it.  Heck - we could crowd-fund it until it gains advertising. 
Can't we all just congregate on the www.Hot_Siberian_Chicks.com Message Board and talk about the Jags ?

Quote:let's do it. Those are small sacrifices. These boards are pretty unique in the local sense. I'd hate to see them go.
We need to find out what the logistics of separating the board would be.  It may not be worth the effort.
There is plenty of off the shelf message board software out there. How expensive can it be?
Quote:I'm wondering if Big Cat Country might be open to the idea of hosting a board. I'm even thinking if every member here would want to pony up like $2, we could quickly build up an incentive package to help encourage the idea.

Quote:Honestly, I want nothing to do with that site.
That makes 2 of us.

PS: Tim, I don't care what anyone else thought of you, I think you were/are the best Mod/Admin on the board. I'll especially miss your camp reports. Plus, you kept the other Admin morons in check behind the scenes. I'm glad I got a sneak peak at the forum before the board goes boom!
Pages: 1 2 3 4