Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: is Austin Pasztor starting this week?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last I heard he is probable but has a club on his hand is he starting?
No, Sam Young is.
Not starting.  Could come in to replace Sam Young if he's not getting it done. 

Outside of Beadles - the rest of the starting O-line tomorrow  (Joeckel, Bowanko, Linder, Young) have a grand total of 13 NFL games of experience combined.  

Be afraid. Be very afraid.   (when Frenchie gets back to 100% and these guys get a few games together this could actually turn into a decent line - but I expect mistakes early on)

Quote:Not starting.  Could come in to replace Sam Young if he's not getting it done. 

Outside of Beadles - the rest of the starting O-line tomorrow  (Joeckel, Bowanko, Linder, Young) have a grand total of 13 NFL games of experience combined.  

Be afraid. Be very afraid. 

The good news is Indy's pass rushers are mediocre without Mathis.
Could Pazstor possibly play guard? I never played offensive line but dont you need your hands more for tackle than you do guard?? Just a question I had
Quote:Could Pazstor possibly play guard? I never played offensive line but dont you need your hands more for tackle than you do guard?? Just a question I had

Pasztor can and has played guard but is better as a RT
Quote:Could Pazstor possibly play guard? I never played offensive line but dont you need your hands more for tackle than you do guard?? Just a question I had
He played guard for a while in 2012 and stunk it up pretty bad.

Caldwell suggested the coaches try him at tackle in '13 because his body type is more suited to the position. Pasztor and his coaches all called tackle his "natural position" in a Times-Union piece late last season. 

Linder may actually be playing guard better than Pasztor did in 2012 at this point and I'm sure they want to establish some continuity along the line. 

He actually played some guard before they moved him to right tackle. I don't think it would make much sense to move him to guard for a couple weeks, especially since Linder is the future of the position.
Quote:The good news is Indy's pass rushers are mediocre without Mathis.

Def will be a good break in scenario for this line. Once Pasztor comes back I could see the line actually becoming decent.

I really think things will start to click for the rookies this game and into the future.
Quote:Not starting.  Could come in to replace Sam Young if he's not getting it done. 

Be afraid. Be very afraid.   (when Frenchie gets back to 100% and these guys get a few games together this could actually turn into a decent line - but I expect mistakes early on)

Next year, the offense should have an insane amount of depth and be much better this point in the season.

Getting to that point is the painful part.
Once he's conditioned and can use his "club" he will start unless Young is doing extremely well. My guess is week 4
The Jags oline will make them look like superstars

And now they don't have Jones either, which can only help Gerhart.
Quote:Once he's conditioned and can use his "club" he will start unless Young is doing extremely well. My guess is week 4

How in the world can he be more effective with one hand than Young is with two?
Quote:Gerhart is a running back, not a quarter-back. It won't help him much at all. It will help Henne though.
did you just post that it would help Gerhart and then get into an argument with yourself saying that it won't help Gerhart, only Henne??
Quote:Did you just post that it would help Gerhart and then get into an argument with yourself saying that it won't help Gerhart, only Henne?

Ignore that poster. He is an imposter. For more information, see the jaguars.com forum under Other Topics.

I was the one who said it will help Gerhart.
Maybe we'll only give up 8 sacks.

Quote:Maybe we'll only give up 8 sacks.

I doubt we will even give up that many with Bowanko and Young starting. Having Cecil back should help too, assuming he plays.
Paztor inactive today
Sad he isnt playing today, but i hope hes getting healthy and ready to play soon.