Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Beers of the Fall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the best time of year; Football is back, Halloween is close and then Turkey Day and Christmas, however to me I LOVE that the fall season beers are now out. My favorites are Sam Adams Octoberfest, Harvest Pumpkin and Blue Moons Harvest Pumpkin, anyone else enjoy this time of beer?
Personally i like to put a little whiskey/brown sugar and cinnamon on the rim of the glass with a pumpkin beer. Prefer draft

Ayinger Octoberfest  -  Hofbrau Octoberfest   ---  < good go-to brews in the Autumn

I tend to run the other way from beers having anything to do with pumpkin. 

Quote:Ayinger Octoberfest - Hofbrau Octoberfest --- < good go-to brews in the Autumn

Agreed. Not a fan of fall or winter beers personally.
Quote:Agreed. Not a fan of fall or winter beers personally.

Or pumpkin marketing campaigns.

[Image: nicole-3.jpg?w=500]
Lost in the "pumpkin" craze is a little, wonderful beer known as Spaten Oktoberfest.

Love when that stuff his the streets.
Quote:Ayinger Octoberfest  -  Hofbrau Octoberfest   ---  < good go-to brews in the Autumn

Huge Ayinger fan here.

I like Samuel Smiths Winter Welcome for a winter beer.

I'll pass on the pumpkin too.
Warsteiner Oktoberfest is the best! But, I'm a fan of all Octoberfest beers generally. The guy @ my local brew place keeps wanting me to try the pumpkin stuff...I don't like pumpkin pie so I'm thinking no...

Gotta go find some now!
Bold City does a nice pumpkin and at Kickbacks they pour it in a glass with a graham cracker crust on the rim. Pretty great.
Have to have the obligatory 1-2 pumpkin beers in October plus a handful of hard ciders here and there; also the hot apple cider with the Apple Jack and cinnamon stick.

For the fairs here in New England (Topsfield, Rochester and Fryeburg are the big three IMO in MA, NH and ME), we all pack the Laird's Apple Jack and cinnamon sticks in, then buy mugs of the hot cider and fix 'em up. This usually follows a tailgating party in the parking lot while shivering and complaining about the change in seasons.

Nothing beats going up to the cabin in Maine on a cold, bright October day, firing up the woodstove and leaving a pan of apple cider on it with a cinnamon stick floating around. Go out to chop some wood, rake up some pine needles or just walk through the woods. When you come back and open the door, the smell of the cinnamon-laced cider pan on the now hot woodstove is indescribable while the warmth of the room just flows into you.

Ahhh, Fall.

Quote:Lost in the "pumpkin" craze is a little, wonderful beer known as Spaten Oktoberfest.

Love when that stuff his the streets.
You are so right, completely forgot about that beer, it's been years since I had it but I do remember it was very good
BEST IN THE WORLD.

[Image: cbeer_southerntier_pumking.jpg]