Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Spoiler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We're not making the playoffs ...

BUT NEITHER ARE THE COLTS! :o

LET'S GO JAGUARS!

WOOOO!!!
Why aren't the Colts making the playoffs? They have the NFL's easiest schedule and division's best quarterback.

Quote:Why aren't the Colts making the playoffs? They have the NFL's easiest schedule and division's best quarterback.

Oh is that how the playoffs are determined?
Quote:Oh is that how the playoffs are determined?

I hope you don't think Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jake Locker bare playoff-caliber quarterbacks. Both teams have a new head coach too. It will be very hard for the Titans and Texans to catch up with them.
Quote:I hope you don't think Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jake Locker bare playoff-caliber quarterbacks. Both teams have a new head coach too. It will be very hard for the Titans and Texans to catch up with them.

Catch up? The Texans are currently 2 games ahead of the Colts...
Wayyyyyy too early for anything that spoils...

NH3...
Quote:We're not making the playoffs ...

BUT NEITHER ARE THE COLTS! :o

LET'S GO JAGUARS!

WOOOO!!!
Says Whom?

NH3...
Quote:Says Whom?

NH3...

Yep you got it.  For either team, it is still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early for that.
I think it's safe to say on that assumption that the saints also will not be making the playoffs

The Colts have lost to two of the best teams in the NFL, and just barely. They have the best quarterback in the division. For the moment I fail to see them not winning the division.

Quote:Catch up? The Texans are currently 2 games ahead of the Colts...

LOL I mean later in the season when playoff races heat up. By then I would expect the Colts to have more wins than the Texans.
Quote:I think it's safe to say on that assumption that the Saints also will not be making the playoffs.

Why would they miss the playoffs? They looked like the best team in the NFCS for a while last year until the Panthers caught up with them. Now the talking heads on TV agree Carolina will be the team that goes from first to worst in its division.
Quote:Why would they miss the playoffs? They looked like the best team in the NFCS for a while last year until the Panthers caught up with them. Now the talking heads on TV agree Carolina will be the team that goes from first to worst in its division.

Yeah... Tampa might have something to say about that.
Quote:Yeah.. Tampa might have something to say about that.

Tampa was bad last year. The question was, "What playoff team last year will miss the playoffs this year?" or something like that.
Quote:LOL I mean later in the season when playoff races heat up. By then I would expect the Colts to have more wins than the Texans.

Oh OK so it will be tough for the Texans to catch up but first the Texans will fall behind.

Just trying to keep up here...

So it's week 3 but we already know that the

Saints, seahawks, eagles, packers

Broncos, colts, patriots, Bengals

And two wild card teams are making the playoffs. I guess I can just cancel my car subscription now. No need to even watch.
JW is awesome

Quote:The Colts have lost to two of the best teams in the NFL, and just barely. They have the best quarterback in the division. For the moment I fail to see them not winning the division.

I'm being a homer here, but I think the Jags will have the best QB in the division when BB starts, and a year or 2 later BB will be a top 5 QB.
Quote:LOL I mean later in the season when playoff races heat up. By then I would expect the Colts to have more wins than the Texans.
So that's your expectation.  I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean it's going to happen exactly as you expect. 
Quote:Tampa was bad last year. The question was, "What playoff team last year will miss the playoffs this year?" or something like that.

Then you said first to worst. Regardless of Tampa being bad last year, Carolina can't go from first to worst when they'll finish above TB