Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ace Sanders not Playing, But Welker is?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Maybe I'm just too lazy and stoopid to figure this out, but with the new drug policy, shouldn't Ace be practicing this week?  I just saw on ESPN that Welker is back on the field, and that with the new policy you get suspended after 4 infractions of a positive test for recreational drug use.

What am I missing here?

Was thinking the same thing.. A few players got reinstated actually.. Probably just #becausejaguars
Whatever Ace tested for did not qualify under the limits of the new agreement. Therefor, no reinstatement.

Only 2 more weeks. Hopefully we'll have Bortles giving him the ball then too.
Ace failed two drug test for a recreational drug which gives him an automatic 4 game suspension. The NFL doesn't anounce the first failed drug test for a recreational drug. We only find out about it after the second failed test when they get the 4 game suspension.

Welker tested positive for amphetamines which were considered a  PED which carried an automatic 4 game suspension for the first failed test. The new rules reclassified his drug as recreational due to its use in the offseason. It became his first offense for a recreational drug which carries no suspension.

If it weren't for the fact that it was originally considered a PED, we would have not known that he had failed a drug test. Welker will now be subject to random drug tests throughout the year. If he fails a second test, he will be in the same situation as Ace and face a 4 game suspension.

Ace's suspension was because of a test done last season, which doesn't fall under the new rules.  It's exactly the same reason that Blackmon isn't affected by the new rules too.  Ace has to ride out the rest of the suspension (after week 4 I think).

Basically, all players get a freebie for recreational drug test failure. They just enter stage one of the intervention program which requires them to submit to random drug test but is kept confidential.

Welker's only failed drug test was for what was originally considered a PED which the NFL gives no freebies for. That is why we heard about it.  Once the rule changed to consider it recreation drug use, it turned into his first failed recreational drug test. He is in stage 1 of the intervention program which means he will have to submit to random drug tests.

OK so can someone explain how amphetamiines are recreational drugs?

Quote:OK so can someone explain how amphetamiines are recreational drugs?
Meth.
amphetamines AKA Ice, Meth, SPEED. surely you have heard of Speed? It's recreational because it is taken for pleasure or euphoria or to drive across several states without stopping.
It's cause the NFL hates the jags and they want them to move. They want everything to go wrong for us, and will continue to pick on us until we win. Which will be in a bout 7 years when we're finished rebuilding.

Quote:Ace failed two drug test for a recreational drug which gives him an automatic 4 game suspension. The NFL doesn't anounce the first failed drug test for a recreational drug. We only find out about it after the second failed test when they get the 4 game suspension.

Welker tested positive for amphetamines which were considered a  PED which carried an automatic 4 game suspension for the first failed test. The new rules reclassified his drug as recreational due to its use in the offseason. It became his first offense for a recreational drug which carries no suspension.

There's the difference.  ^
Try it. You'll see.
Quote:amphetamines AKA Ice, Meth, SPEED. surely you have heard of Speed? It's recreational because it is taken for pleasure or euphoria or to drive across several states without stopping.

The only one of those I know about is meth.
Quote:Meth.

I didn't realize tacks fans were targets of the new drug policy.
Quote:The only one of those I know about is meth.

You must live close to Middleburg.
its a conspiracy to keep the jaguars down man

Quote:The only one of those I know about is meth.

Ah ha! So you admit to being a habitual meth addict. Now it all makes sense...

Quote:There's the difference.  ^

Wasn't that just an assumption based on the fact that he was given a 4 game suspension? Correct me if I'm wrong. Furthermore, Josh Gordon failed two tests. I think the SOP is the first test is a measure of how much is in your system. If it is past a certain threshold, they test again. If there is any level in the second test, they levy the punishment.

If it is taken before a game it is a PED. But it's out of one's system fairly quickly, so taking it in the offseason does not enhance football performance, hence the change.
Quote:Wasn't that just an assumption based on the fact that he was given a 4 game suspension? Correct me if I'm wrong. Furthermore, Josh Gordon failed two tests. I think the SOP is the first test is a measure of how much is in your system. If it is past a certain threshold, they test again. If there is any level in the second test, they levy the punishment.
Could be.  I haven't read the policy to the letter.
Pages: 1 2