Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Roster Shake-Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is mainly about offensive "musical chairs" so to speak, but what would be a good lineup besides what we already have to change the perspective of our attack.  Fisch is not rewriting the playbook during the season so what players should be in on certain or all plays that could change our statistics.  I was thinking maybe shake up the WRs depending on the route, down, and distance.  I like DRob over Toby for the outside runs but if the team is still believing in Todman then Drob needs a peptalk.  Also Blake will play when Blake plays so besides that obvious switch can i get some ideas from my fellow Jaguars fans on this topic.  What's your starting offense? Let's Debate!!!

The O line sucks and that isn't going to change any time soon so we have to get quicker.  You have to play Blake and Drob to compensate for that.  Henne and Gerhart would be much better suited for an O line that can control the line of scrimmage and push people around.  As for the wideouts, just having 3 healthy bodies would be nice.

Plain and simple, we have to get more speed and quickness at the RB spot.

Gerhart is not an NFL running back.
My ideal starting line-up:

QB: Bortles

RB: Robinson

WR: Shorts, Hurns (if healthy), Lee, AR15, Brown

TE: Harbor, Jensen

LT: Joeckel

LG: Beadles

C: Bowanko

RG: Linder

RT: Pasztor

MLB: Poz

OLB: Hayes, Reynolds

CB: Ball, Gratz, McCray, Blackmon

FS: Evans

SS: Cyprien

Who the heck is AR15? Not on a device I can easily look up the roster.
Allen Robinson

Thanks! I know the name, of course, just couldn't place in context. I really wish people would just go by names instead of all of these nicknames. It just feels lazy to me. I place the blame fully on whoever started calling Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez 'Bennifer' back in the day. I guess I'm just old fashioned that way.
Quote:My ideal starting line-up:

This lineup would be ideal but everyone seems to hate Evans and loves Guy.  I know that we can patch and draft lineman in FA and the draft as long as we keep a solid core roster overall.  I've been reading how Gus preaches play the best players. I've also  heard him say a couple of times that the lineup he feels is best is what we have been starting with.   I don't believe that, but i can't argue with the coaches.
Quote:Thanks! I know the name, of course, just couldn't place in context. I really wish people would just go by names instead of all of these nicknames. It just feels lazy to me. I place the blame fully on whoever started calling Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez 'Bennifer' back in the day. I guess I'm just old fashioned that way.

lol. funny guy
Quote:My ideal starting line-up:

JW would like you to know that you left out the defensive line. Everyone knows that they are the ones on the field who go up against the offensive live.
Quote:JW would like you to know that you left out the defensive line. Everyone knows that they are the ones on the field who go up against the offensive live.

Hah, I wouldn't change it so I forgot to list it.
Quote:Plain and simple, we have to get more speed and quickness at the RB spot.

Gerhart is not an NFL running back.

Not only big and slow....but surprisingly easy for opponents to bring down.

Looking at him preseason I thought we had a beast. After two games.....not so much.
Quote:Not only big and slow....but surprisingly easy for opponents to bring down.

Looking at him preseason I thought we had a beast. After two games.....not so much.
I cant just blame Toby for that.  He has been used on run plays designed for a running back with a different skill set.  Toby, like other posters have said, is a between the tackles back.  If we had a decent to half you know what passing attack then he would shine more.