Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tavares King?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Did I miss this? When the hell did we sign this guy of Carolina's PS? WE GRABBED THE WRONG CAROLINA PS RECEIVER!!
Somewhere in the Burger King walk-in, TMD is crying into a frozen "meat" patty. He'll use that same patty a few minutes later to make your Whopper.

who is he ,I  personely never heard of him.

I almost posted something similar to the OP and then I thought that Stephen hill is so irrelevant that I was just wasting my time.
It's seriously poetic how wrong TMD always is lol.
were did he come from before he was with the panthers? what college did he play for? I hadn't ever heard of him. he most of not been talked about a lot in college football. I watched a little college last year, but all I ever heard about was Maziel.

Quote:were did he come from before he was with the panthers? what college did he play for? I hadn't ever heard of him. he most of not been talked about a lot in college football. I watched a little college last year, but all I ever heard about was Maziel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tavarres_King
He'll get released as soon as Hurns and Lee are ready to play I'm sure.

4 star recruit.   A steal. 

Quote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tavarres_King
A 4 star recruit.  Caldwell is a genius.  Chaaaammpppiioooonssshipppp.

He's obviously  a guy that Caldwell and/or scouting department had paid attention to in the 2013 draft  -  so when he became available they took a shot.  Given all of the injuries at WR it's not a surprise.  The only interesting thing to me is that Kerry Taylor could have been elevated from our PS and he knows the playbook.  That tells me there is something they genuinely like about King.   

He's fast. (4.40 - 40 yard dash at combine. )  He was drafted in the 5th round (161st) by Denver in 2013. 

From a GA dawgs blog before the '13 draft:

Quote:...in 2012. The Mt. Airy native pulled down 42 passes for 950 yards and 9 touchdowns on the year, a nifty 22.6 yards per catch
Quote:….He's a field stretcher, the kind of guy pro-style offenses need to keep defenses honest. King isn't a big guy at 6'0 and around 190 pounds. But he runs the forty yard dash consistently in the 4.42 to 4.47 range, plenty fast enough to force NFL corners to turn and run. He's a field stretcher, the kind of guy pro-style offenses need to keep defenses honest. King isn't a big guy at 6'0 and around 190 pounds. But he runs the forty yard dash consistently in the 4.42 to 4.47 range, plenty fast enough to force NFL corners to turn and run. King's struggled at times with dropped balls, though he generally does a great job catching with his hands and making plays on the ball in the air.

<div> 
</div>
<p style="font-family:'Mercury SSm A', 'Mercury SSm B', Georgia, serif;color:rgb(41,41,41);font-size:16px;"> 

<div> 
</div>
Quote:4 star recruit. A steal.

A 4 star recruit. Caldwell is a genius. Chaaaammpppiioooonssshipppp.

Starting RT Sam Young was a 5 star recruit. A steal.

A 5 star recruit. Caldwell is a genius. Chaaaammpppiioooonssshipppp
Quote:Somewhere in the Burger King walk-in, TMD is crying into a frozen "meat" patty. He'll use that same patty a few minutes later to make your Whopper.

So now I have to order my Whopper with Cheese, all the way, hold the tears?
Quote:Starting RT Sam Young was a 5 star recruit. A steal.

A 5 star recruit. Caldwell is a genius. Chaaaammpppiioooonssshipppp
Was he really? Wonder what happened. He had 50 consecutive starts, mostly at LT, for Notre Dame. You'd think he'd be pretty good.
Where has TMD been BTW?  I just realized there haven't been many high-jacked posts lately.

[Image: temp383Colts02Practice091814--nfl_mezz_1...height=720]

Quote:Did I miss this? When the hell did we sign this guy of Carolina's PS? WE GRABBED THE WRONG CAROLINA PS RECEIVER!!
Haha, this made me laugh.
Quote:He'll get released as soon as Hurns and Lee are ready to play I'm sure.

He was signed from Carolina's practice squad, so he'll need to be here for three weeks at a minimum. I think Mike Brown will be the odd man out once Ace comes back next week as well.
How does king even know what to do? Our current receivers still dont know what to do and are running around aimlessly which results in a Henne sack.
Quote:Where has TMD been BTW? 
Anybody?
Quote:How does king even know what to do? Our current receivers still dont know what to do and are running around aimlessly which results in a Henne sack.
I imagine he knows a handfull of plays only.  The other ones he can just run around like a chicken with his head chopped off.  He'll fit right in!
Pages: 1 2