Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: House of Representatives passes bill to "Audit Federal Reserve"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The House of Representatives passed a bill introduced into legislation by Ron Paul to Audit the Federal Reserve, The Private Bank which runs the federal reserve has never been audited shockingly enough.

To bad it's pretty much DOA on the Senate Floor.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/the-ticket/r...36757.html

Quote:The House of Representatives passed a bill introduced into legislation by Ron Paul to Audit the Federal Reserve, The Private Bank which runs the federal reserve has never been audited shockingly enough.

To bad it's pretty much DOA on the Senate Floor.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/the-ticket/r...36757.html

Pointless political posturing.

The federal reserve was founded and designed with the intention of resisting political influence, no surprise that the republicans would want to bring it to heel and expand the role of government.
Quote:Pointless political posturing.

The federal reserve was founded and designed with the intention of resisting political influence, no surprise that the republicans would want to bring it to heel and expand the role of government.
You're just unbelievable. I assume you think that auditing the fed is a bad thing right?

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/20...it-The-Fed

Too bad it'll never make it out of the liberal congress. Should have waited until after November. Of course, they'll rewin it with people voting multiple times because ID isn't required. 
Quote:You're just unbelievable. I assume you think that auditing the fed is a bad thing right?

To what end?

We already know that the banking and derivatives sector needs massive regulation.
There are trillions of dollars unaccounted for. I guess you're ok with that as long as you have fantasy football and reality TV.

I'd like to say I'm shocked that you would oppose auditing the reserve but I'm not.
Quote:I'd like to say I'm shocked that you would oppose auditing the reserve but I'm not.

I'm not opposed to it, I'm calling these shenanigans for what they are, a political fishing expedition.
Quote:I'm not opposed to it, I'm calling these shenanigans for what they are, a political fishing expedition.

Ron Paul introduced this legislation nearly a decade ago, it's hardly shenanigans. It took over a decade to convince enough of the establishment (Republican and Democrat both overwhelmingly supported the bill in the House vote) we need to audit the federal reserve. They have NO accountability as it is. The Federal Reserve manipulates the currency and interest rates in ways that can be disastrous if not balanced and checked. NO authority should go unchecked.

For all your love of regulation I find it funny you want a limitless private bank manipulating our currency.
Quote:Ron Paul introduced this legislation nearly a decade ago, it's hardly shenanigans. It took over a decade to convince enough of the establishment (Republican and Democrat both overwhelmingly supported the bill in the House vote) we need to audit the federal reserve. They have NO accountability as it is. The Federal Reserve manipulates the currency and interest rates in ways that can be disastrous if not balanced and checked. NO authority should go unchecked.

For all your love of regulation I find it funny you want a limitless private bank manipulating our currency.

There is no political check on the federal reserve by design. It's not intended to sit at the heel of whatever political force is in power, it's intended to be an apolitical banking authority that does what it can to try to make sure nutjobs in political office can't crash the economy into a ditch no matter how much they may want to.
Quote:There is no political check on the federal reserve by design. It's not intended to sit at the heel of whatever political force is in power, it's intended to be an apolitical banking authority that does what it can to try to make sure nutjobs in political office can't crash the economy into a ditch no matter how much they may want to.

Auditing the Reserve doesn't make it heel the power of political forces, it makes the accountable for what they do with our currency. You know they're the ones making it possible to bail out all those big corporate banks you claim to hate.
Quote:Auditing the Reserve doesn't make it heel the power of political forces, it makes the accountable for what they do with our currency. You know they're the ones making it possible to bail out all those big corporate banks you claim to hate.

How does it make it accountable in any way at all?

We already know of what the Fed had to do in the wake of Bush crashing the economy, what is the point of "auditing" (should be read as "digging for dirt") an independent authority if there's no authority to bring it to political heel.

It's clear, like I said, this is a political fishing expedition, and while I support a ton of regulation on banking practices I recognize nothing positive would come of the republicans digging through Federal reserve records/
Quote:How does it make it accountable in any way at all?

We already know of what the Fed had to do in the wake of Bush crashing the economy, what is the point of "auditing" (should be read as "digging for dirt") an independent authority if there's no authority to bring it to political heel.

It's clear, like I said, this is a political fishing expedition, and while I support a ton of regulation on banking practices I recognize nothing positive would come of the republicans digging through Federal reserve records/

Laughing So only regulation if the democrats are in charge! got it!
Quote: Laughing So only regulation if the democrats are in charge! got it!

[Image: facepalm-photo.jpg]
Quote:How does it make it accountable in any way at all?

1.) It's not just republicans, over 100 democrats in the house voted to audit the fed.

2.) The federal reserve has funnelled money to Gaddafi's Libyan Bank, the Arab Banking Crop of Bahrain, the Banks of Bavaria, Korea and Mexico, why?

3.) the federal reserve has sent BILLIONS to Christy Mack the wife of Morgan Stanley's John Mack, why?

there's tons of examples of abuse and corruption by the Federal Reserve. Keep acting like it's a "partisan issue" because the party you align with is in power.

There is a difference between being influenced by and being audited. 
If it was just republicans fishing for dirt why did Bush oppose Auditing the Fed?

Quote:If it was just republicans fishing for dirt why did Bush oppose Auditing the Fed?
This is one of those things both parties should agree on. Good to see 100 dems backed. Let's see if the senate follows the bipartisan lead on this. 
Quote:1.) It's not just republicans, over 100 democrats in the house voted to audit the fed.

2.) The federal reserve has funnelled money to Gaddafi's Libyan Bank, the Arab Banking Crop of Bahrain, the Banks of Bavaria, Korea and Mexico, why?

3.) the federal reserve has sent BILLIONS to Christy Mack the wife of Morgan Stanley's John Mack, why?

there's tons of examples of abuse and corruption by the Federal Reserve. Keep acting like it's a "partisan issue" because the party you align with is in power.

Like I said, I don't disagree with keeping public records of what the institution does, but I believe this is political.

Really, though, the puzzling thing to me, is why you think auditing the Federal Reserve bank would answer the why for those questions.

Also like I said, we already have a good idea of what the Fed has done, and the problem isn't the Fed, it's the lack of regulation in the banking and derivatives sectors in general.

Yeah right! They won't expose the fraud this early in the game. Dog and pony.
Quote:Like I said, I don't disagree with keeping public records of what the institution does, but I believe this is political.

Really, though, the puzzling thing to me, is why you think auditing the Federal Reserve bank would answer the why for those questions.

Also like I said, we already have a good idea of what the Fed has done, and the problem isn't the Fed, it's the lack of regulation in the banking and derivatives sectors in general.
Of course it's political!!!! Every move made in congress is. However, if the result is better transparency from the insanely powerful FED how is that a bad thing?
Pages: 1 2