Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Justin Blackmon - new drug policy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have been trying to find somewhere that would explain how the new drug policy would affect Justin Blackmon but I haven't found anything. Since the policy has now passed, I assumed SOMEONE would mention him. Nothing so far. Anyone got anything?

Quote:I have been trying to find somewhere that would explain how the new drug policy would affect Justin Blackmon but I haven't found anything. Since the policy has now passed, I assumed SOMEONE would mention him. Nothing so far. Anyone got anything?

The new drug policy only affects players that were suspended in 2014, since Justin was suspended in 2013 it doesn't apply to him, unfortunately.
Quote:The new drug policy only affects players that were suspended in 2014, since Justin was suspended in 2013 it doesn't apply to him, unfortunately.

Crap. But does it affect Ace Sanders?
Quote:Crap. But does it affect Ace Sanders?

No, whatever he tested positive for was above the limit the league allows.
Quote:Crap. But does it affect Ace Sanders?

Quote:No, whatever he tested positive for was above the limit the league allows.

He plays for the Jaguars, not the Broncos.  There's your answer ;-)
On the surface it seems to new drug policy was catered for Wes Welker, Orlando Scandrick, and Josh Gordon.

The fact that we are not even pursuing Blackmon leads me to believe that he's never even shown up for any of the subsequent drug screenings that were most likely required.

Once you enter the Program, you have to get tested quite often.  I'm thinking he just quit going and as such, he's just gone from the league permanently.

Quote:The fact that we are not even pursuing Blackmon leads me to believe that he's never even shown up for any of the subsequent drug screenings that were most likely required.

Once you enter the Program, you have to get tested quite often.  I'm thinking he just quit going and as such, he's just gone from the league permanently.

It's a strange situation, there's hardly any news on Justin, at least Josh Gordon still wants to play. No one knows what's going on with JB14.
Exactly -- I was still somewhat hopeful until just recently.

Quote:The fact that we are not even pursuing Blackmon leads me to believe that he's never even shown up for any of the subsequent drug screenings that were most likely required.

He is not officially gone until we terminate his contract. There must be some reason we have not done that yet.
Quote:On the surface it seems to new drug policy was catered for Wes Welker, Orlando Scandrick, and Josh Gordon.

Except Stedman Bailey of the rams was reinstated too.

What exactly is the team supposed to do to pursue Blackmon?  He'll be eligible to apply for reinstatement in a little more than a month. 

We have no idea what is going on with Blackmon.  We'll just have to wait and see. 
Jag fans need to let Justin Blackmon go its over

Quote:Jag fans need to let Justin Blackmon go its over

Jaguars fans will let Justin Blackmon go when the team does.
Quote:Jag fans need to let Justin Blackmon go its over

The team has indicated that's not the case.  Let's see where things stand once he's eligible to apply for reinstatement before we make that determination. 
So can Blackmon come back to team facilities now like suspended players are allowed to under the new deal, or is he not allowed to do that at all?

Quote:Jaguars fans will let Justin Blackmon go when the team does.

I agree with this ...
Quote:Jaguars fans will let Justin Blackmon go when the team does.

Pretty much.
Quote:So can Blackmon come back to team facilities now like suspended players are allowed to under the new deal, or is he not allowed to do that at all?

This is my biggest concern.  He clearly has a problem and is unable or unwilling to get the treatment on his own.  Being around the team and Gus (what better support network) would offer him the greatest chance of beating his demons, in my opinion.
Quote:So can Blackmon come back to team facilities now like suspended players are allowed to under the new deal, or is he not allowed to do that at all?

I read something the other day that indicated Josh Gordon is allowed at the Browns team facility.
Pages: 1 2 3