Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Are we working Denard Robinson slowly like we are with Bortles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I can't seem to figure out why DRob hasn't been playing much. We as fans see the potential he has and I'm sure the coaches see it as well. I can't help but think that we are slowly bringing along DRob like we are with Blake because of the limited carries. I could be completely wrong, but I feel that they LOVE Robinson and want him to succeed so they are making sure he has the proper preparation to become an explosive player for us. Just a theory...
he has trouble picking up blitzes and is not big enough to be a stay in and block RB.

^^^ Denard is bigger than Todman but they use Todman to block

Quote:

I can't seem to figure out why DRob hasn't been playing much.
We as fans see the potential he has and I'm sure the coaches see it as well. I can't help but think that we are slowly bringing along DRob like we are with Blake because of the limited carries. I could be completely wrong, but I feel that they LOVE Robinson and want him to succeed so they are making sure he has the proper preparation to become an explosive player for us. Just a theory...

Down 21-0 at in the first quarter chances are you're running game goes out the window.
Maybe you are seeing potential that just is not there.

Quote:Maybe you are seeing potential that just is not there.

Possibly. Do you not see anything? I feel better when he gets the ball rather than gerhart
Robinson has to earn his snaps.  It doesn't appear he's doing much in that department based on the number he's gotten so far.  I don't think it's a conspiracy against him as much as it's just him not rising to the challenge.  That #2 job behind Gerhart is ripe for the taking, and he's not doing anything to elevate himself to do so. 

lol ... trouble picking up blitzes.

yes, because what we are doing is working so well.

Quote:lol ... trouble picking up blitzes.

yes, because what we are doing is working so well.

If he was playing more often, we'd have 12 sacks instead of 10! :yucky:
Quote:Robinson has to earn his snaps.  It doesn't appear he's doing much in that department based on the number he's gotten so far.  I don't think it's a conspiracy against him as much as it's just him not rising to the challenge.  That #2 job behind Gerhart is ripe for the taking, and he's not doing anything to elevate himself to do so. 
And Gerhart is earning his? What is he doing so much that is positive on the field?
None of our RBs have earned their PT yet. The fact Todman still gets in over Drob has me wondering what kind of dirt he has on Gus and Dave.
No, he's not a good football player at this level,and it's obvious the coaches agree by his PT.
Quote:None of our RBs have earned their PT yet. The fact Todman still gets in over Drob has me wondering what kind of dirt he has on Gus and Dave.

I wonder the same thing but we don't see these guys in practice. D-Rob has had some ball security issues in the past, so maybe it's still an issue.
He's not adequate at picking up the blitz
Quote:He's not adequate at picking up the blitz

Apparently neither is Toddman or Gerhert.
Quote:Apparently neither is Toddman or Gerhert.

Are you spelling their names wrong on purpose?
Quote:And Gerhart is earning his? What is he doing so much that is positive on the field?

He's averaging a blistering 2 yard per carry, so he has that going for him. 
Quote:Are you spelling their names wrong on purpose?

Nope
Quote:Possibly. Do you not see anything? I feel better when he gets the ball rather than gerhart

I see a guy who is, at best, a role player.

Bortles, at best, is a superstar.
I think it's pretty evident that he is better than Todman.  Pretty soon I'll be thinking he is the best ball carrier we have.

Pages: 1 2 3