Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: OL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So are they that bad or are they intentionally trying to get Henne injured so that the Bortles era may begin?

its crossed my mind.  but every play is on tape forever.  hard to flush your own career out of spite.

Quote:So are they that bad or are they intentionally trying to get Henne injured so that the Bortles era may begin?

Personally I think its too many new guys in a scheme that is pretty complicated for rookies. But they might really want Henne out too.
I can't remember ever watching a football game that featured an o-line this horrible. Ever. 

Quote:So are they that bad or are they intentionally trying to get Henne injured so that the Bortles era may begin?

I guarantee they hate chad as a player. I wouldn't doubt the lineman get together and express it to each other. Maybe perhaps they "whiff" a time or two when he screws up and self sacks himself.
Quote:I can't remember ever watching a football game that featured an o-line this horrible. Ever.

It's like watching Alabama playing FIU. They got smashed in every part of the game.
I personally don't think a whole lot of NFL players would risk their career or a teammates by NOT playing well.  You never know what happens next season and if you like your paycheck, you play every play best you can.  

That said, we ran SEVEN run plays today out of 48 total plays called.  Seven run plays for a total of eight yards.  WTH?  I don't care if we were down all game.  You're down 7 points, then 14, then 21, then it was 21-7.  It's not panic time being down 7-0 and shouldn't really change your complete play calling being down 14-0 if there's any confidence you can do anything.  I think the lack of run calls tells a tale.  These guys can't get push, then can't win their match ups, and Toby just isn't fast/elusive enough IMO.  That's what surprises me about the lack of DRob's involvement in the offense.  He's got the speed to make bad blocking turn into a gain if he can find a crease, but he's not crazy shifty either, so I dunno.  

I'm not watching them practice every day but the offensive line play is the worst it's been since I've been a fan here.  Sure, Henne holds the ball, doesn't identify the blitz, and stares down receivers, but plenty of other QBs do that and manage to score and move the ball. 

Quote:I guarantee they hate chad as a player. I wouldn't doubt the lineman get together and express it to each other. Maybe perhaps they "whiff" a time or two when he screws up and self sacks himself.

I don't know about that. I have a friend who knows someone on the team (I know, it sounds absolutely ridiculous and unbelievable, but I'd like to think my not making outlandish claims on the reg lends me some credibility here.) and apparently, at least last year, the team really liked Henne. Granted, this was when it was a debate between Henne and Gabbert. But, my friend told me that the locker room appreciated Chad more because he tended to put his passes in places that didn't get the team blown up as much as Gabbert did. Obviously situations can change from year to year, but I don't think Chad would have lost the locker room that quickly that they'd intentionally try to get him injured.
Rewarching game.....1st sack was in Henne
2nd sack was 100% on the line. Guy went unblocked.
3rd one was on both Henne and line. Mainly line...Kerrigan went in untouched, mobile QB would have gotten away.
A lot of the sacks were Henne just standing there like a scarecrow staring down one person and holding onto the ball for an eternity. 

Bortles showed a ton more mobility in avoiding a sack than Henne will ever have. 

It's time to take off the training wheels boys, this isn't Houston and David Carr... he was terrible to begin with. 

4th one was on line. Another guy goes in untouched.
Bortles has a presence. The game slows down and looks more like a NFL offense and not the frantic mess that is led by Henne
5th was on Henne
6th was on Henne....let me also add Henne is awful at selling the play action.
7th was on line. RT got beat so badly.
Would be nice to see a cut up of all the sacks...Stroud.....

8th on Henne....he was so bad on that one.
Quote:8th on Henne....he was so bad on that one.

So majority on Henne and we haven't gotten to 10 yet..wow
Pages: 1 2 3