Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Scottish Independence Referendum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

I know that we've mainly been discussing American issues on here, but now its time we talked about a little British/Foreign politics for once. Polls are tight right now in Scotland with 51% saying No to Independence, with the other 49% saying Yes. 

I know that there are some Jags fans living in the UK, so maybe some Brits on here can shed more light on this issue to us Americans.

If things don't turn around in the US. It may become an option here.

Texas, I'm looking at you.

First one that does it, I'll consider it. 

Quote:If things don't turn around in the US. It may become an option here.

This wouldn't surprise me. Remember the last time states tried to secede? Texas is always looking for a fight.
Quote:This wouldn't surprise me. Remember the last time states tried to secede? Texas is always looking for a fight.

They'll have to put something akin to the Berlin Wall around parts of Austin.
No one's going to succeed, they've been talking about succeeding for decades in Texas, there's to much of a split population down there just like here in Florida. For better or worse, we're all stuck in this together, we either figure it out and move forward as a world super power or take a step back like the USSR. It would take a collapse of the American Dollar to see any kind of breaking up of the states, let's all pray that day never comes.

As for Scotland they'd be in a rough spot if they broke away, while I sympathize of wanting out of the EU and seeking Independence, they'd all of the sudden find themselves without the backing of the Bank of England. I'd wish them the best, but these days it's hard for a new nation to emerge much less survive.

Quote:They'll have to put something akin to the Berlin Wall around parts of Austin.
Mr Perry, TEAR DOWN THAT WALL!!!  :teehee:

Quote:As for Scotland they'd be in a rough spot if they broke away, while I sympathize of wanting out of the EU and seeking Independence, they'd all of the sudden find themselves without the backing of the Bank of England. I'd wish them the best, but these days it's hard for a new nation to emerge much less survive.
Eric, thanks for being the first one to reply to the actual topic at hand about Scotland.
Quote:If things don't turn around in the US. It may become an option here.

Just deport all the stinkin' liberals and everything will be just fine. Smile
Quote:Eric, thanks for being the first one to reply to the actual topic at hand about Scotland.

Lol these political threads tend to go all over the place.
Quote:Lol these political threads tend to go all over the place.
That's the nature of politics in general.
Quote:Just deport all the stinkin' liberals and everything will be just fine. Smile
I love how open minded you are. 
Quote:Mr Perry, TEAR DOWN THAT WALL!!!  :teehee:
Nah, just build and stop feeding the ones inside  :yes: (j/k)

Quote:Just deport all the stinkin' liberals and everything will be just fine. Smile
This is change I can believe in! lol

Quote:Eric, thanks for being the first one to reply to the actual topic at hand about Scotland.
Sorry, I admittedly don't know enough about the situation to offer an opinion on it. All I can think of is William Wallace, no not just from Braveheart. I actually wrote a paper on him in college... I don't like the idea of big government, and believe that if a people want to be free, than they ought by right be able to do that. If they vote yes, let them go. Just like the civil war...
It just creates another nation that eventually comes hat in hand to the US for foreign aid and loan guarantees. 

Quote:It just creates another nation that eventually comes hat in hand to the US for foreign aid and loan guarantees. 

Laughing Not for long, one way or another the days of America bankrolling the world is quickly coming to an end.
Quote:Mr Perry, TEAR DOWN THAT WALL!!!  :teehee:
Duh...is load bearing??
Quote: Laughing Not for long, one way or another the days of America bankrolling the world is quickly coming to an end.
Don't kid yourself.  We're more than happy to borrow from China and from the US taxpayer to finance aid to other nations.  It doesn't matter if we can't afford it.  Our politicians will find a way to funnel money their way. 
Quote:I love how open minded you are. 
Or we could just shoot them.

See, I'm very open minded. Smile
Quote:Don't kid yourself. We're more than happy to borrow from China and from the US taxpayer to finance aid to other nations. It doesn't matter if we can't afford it. Our politicians will find a way to funnel money their way.

In the next 20 years that gravy train will end China's diversifying out of the dollar at a rapid rate and establishing trades to buffer themselves against the dollar.

Like I said sooner than later Americas days of funding the world are coming to an end be it we find our senses and cut back or the bottom falls out of the dollar.

Quote:In the next 20 years that gravy train will end China's diversifying out of the dollar at a rapid rate and establishing trades to buffer themselves against the dollar.

Like I said sooner than later Americas days of funding the world are coming to an end be it we find our senses and cut back or the bottom falls out of the dollar.
In about 20-30 years, the International Market will view the US Dollar as the financial equivalent of Ebola....

Unless like you said, the Government stops printing money, or the bottom literally falls out of the barrel; we're in for an economic crisis between the years 2030-2050 that will make the 2007-2008 market crash look like the dotcom boom of the 1990's in comparison. The same can be said for the Euro.

Again, these are not "doomsday" predictions that Eric and I are talking about. The amount of borrowing, credit, debt, and inflation in this Country has to reach the bottom of the barrel at some point in the future. 
Quote:In about 20-30 years, the International Market will view the US Dollar as the financial equivalent of Ebola....

Unless like you said, the Government stops printing money, or the bottom literally falls out of the barrel; we're in for an economic crisis between the years 2030-2050 that will make the 2007-2008 market crash look like the dotcom boom of the 1990's in comparison. The same can be said for the Euro.

Again, these are not "doomsday" predictions that Eric and I are talking about. The amount of borrowing, credit, debt, and inflation in this Country has to reach the bottom of the barrel at some point in the future. 
Forgive my ignorance, but can you please explain a possible solutions to actually make a dent in our insurmountable debt - which is growing by the second?

Ok, we stop printing money - but would that not leave the level of inflation stationary, instead of growing?

I understand we have to minimize the rate of "debt incurred-ness" - but the total US debt being at 61 trillion (and counting) seems to be quite hefty. Obviously it would take years and years to lessen it...

Again, I understand money and numbers but I honestly never took a hard look at this problem - even though I know it exists and is a REAL problem.
Pages: 1 2