Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Wow, Houston
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Currently 27-0 in Oakland.

After beating (ahem) Washington 17-6.

Great start to the season for them.

Everyone's backup caliber QB is better than ours.

They tanked last season

Quote:Everyone's backup caliber QB is better than ours.

No doubt
Fitzpatrick isn't near as bad as Case Keenum and Shaub last season. The defense is healthier (sans their new toy in Clowney), and Deandre Hopkins is looking very much improved.

They weren't as bad as their record last season (tanking conspiracy not withstanding). They are a good "middle of the road" AFC Team that could be in position for one of the wildcard spots. Or, maybe even division title considering the AFCS.
It would have been nice to add Fitzpatrick in the offseason and dump Henne.  

Fitzpatrick is a lot better than the QB play the Tinhorns had last year and if the defense can play up to its former standards they are good enough to make the playoffs this year.  

Visiting this board vs the gotitans board is so much easier on the psyche. Their board is full of "Texans suck because...Titans" whereas you guys can at least be non-partial for the most part.

Fitz is definitely surprising me. I'm no fan of his and didn't want to enter the season with him under center, but he is proving, so far, to be able to at least drive the bus.

Quote:Visiting this board vs the gotitans board is so much easier on the psyche. Their board is full of "Texans suck because...Titans" whereas you guys can at least be non-partial for the most part.

Fitz is definitely surprising me. I'm no fan of his and didn't want to enter the season with him under center, but he is proving, so far, to be able to at least drive the bus.

He's basically playing not to lose, which is fine as long as the defense keeps this up and they can run the ball.

Not sure how far you can get with him though.
Houston is better than us in every conceivable way.
Quote:They tanked last season

Yes, they tanked last season. For no reason. They got an injury prone Clowney who will rarely if ever see the field. So they tanked for no reason. 

Meanwhile we tanked and got Bortles. Boom. 
I'm not surprised Houston is doing well. Their defense is always solid and have the best defensive player in the game, a healthy elite RB, good line and a serviceable QB in Fitzpatrick.

He may throw a lot of picks, but at least he's able to move around in the pocket and drive down field.

Quote:Visiting this board vs the gotitans board is so much easier on the psyche. Their board is full of "Texans suck because...Titans" whereas you guys can at least be non-partial for the most part.

fitz sometimes can look great and other times just looks outright awful. he has that rex grossman, good qb/bad qb mentality to him. if he can stay consistent the texans can be good.

i just wouldnt count on that.
I remember when people said I was an idiot for declaring Fitzpatrick superior to Henne.

Fitz isn't lighting the world on fire, but he's certainly smarter and better than Henne.

HOU winning games they are supposed to isn't necessarily a bad thing for us or the AFCS. They are still lacking their franchise QB who they will never get with a teens pick without trading away the farm.

Quote:Yes, they tanked last season. For no reason. They got an injury prone Clowney who will rarely if ever see the field. So they tanked for no reason. 

Meanwhile we tanked and got Bortles. Boom. 
Who are we tanking this year for?
Quote:HOU winning games they are supposed to isn't necessarily a bad thing for us or the AFCS. They are still lacking their franchise QB who they will never get with a teens pick without trading away the farm.
Actually a very good point, they're playing themselves out of a future franchise QB. They're gonna be full of regret if Bortles pans out for us.
Quote:Actually a very good point, they're playing themselves out of a future franchise QB. They're gonna be full of regret if Bortles pans out for us.

Yeah, because the only place to get a franchise QB is with a top 5 pick. Rolleyes

No thank you, I'll take the wins over losing any day.

Quote:HOU winning games they are supposed to isn't necessarily a bad thing for us or the AFCS. They are still lacking their franchise QB who they will never get with a teens pick without trading away the farm.

All depends on what quarterbacks declare. Mariota and Winston will likely go in the top ten yes, but if Hundley, Cook and Kevin Hogan all declare then the Texans could still snag a good one.

I especially like Hogan for the Texans because he's very accurate to all levels of the field and he's mobile with good pocket presence. But I could also see him return for his senior season so it may not happen.
Quote:Yeah, because the only place to get a franchise QB is with a top 5 pick. Rolleyes

No thank you, I'll take the wins over losing any day.
I'm with you, I would rather my team be winning too, but don't act like missing out on Winston or Mariota isn't good for Jag fans long term.

You can have whatever mediocre QB falls into the mid to late first round.
Quote:I'm with you, I would rather my team be winning too, but don't act like missing out on Winston or Mariota isn't good for Jag fans long term.

You can have whatever mediocre QB falls into the mid to late first round.

Good QBs do fall, sometimes, but it's definitely not a sure thing.

The one thing that is for sure is the texans are going to have to start spending draft picks on the QB position, and they're going to probably have to do a lot of it if they're using mid round picks.
Pages: 1 2