Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Did you ever think our line sucks because of Caldwell?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Didnt we have a decent not great line bedore Caldwell traded away Eugene Monroe? Just think about if we still had Monroe, Mojo, Daryl Smith ? Some of Caldwell decisions might be backfiring against us.
Looked better before he destroyed it.

It's the interior of the line. Mojo sucks now. And Daryl Smith is declining a lot.
We can second guess till we are blue in the face. The fact is they aren't bringing in talent to compete, the center position they knew was going to be an issue this year and they didn't do enough to fix that, same with the rest of the line.

Quote:Didnt we have a decent not great line bedore Caldwell traded away Eugene Monroe? Just think about if we still had Monroe, Mojo, Daryl Smith ? Some of Caldwell decisions might be backfiring against us.

Well, you can't rebuild an entire team from the ground up in just 2 seasons.  In some ways we're like a second year expansion team.  I think the OL will get better as the year goes by, but obviously that's a point of emphasis.  Trading away Monroe was a good thing.  I think the jury is definitely out on Joeckle at this point.  And he did try to after Mack so it's not like he didn't recognize there were issues, but it's not like you can hire pro-bowl quality lineman from the lunch counter at McDonalds.
There were a lot better OL that he could have signed for the same price as Bradley's this offseason
You sure like to start threads instead of posting in the game thread.

Quote:There were a lot better OL that he could have signed for the same price as Bradley's this offseason

Names?
Quote:You sure like to start threads instead of posting in the game thread.
If the thread warrants a post ill post.. If its not the same topic shouldnt i start a new thread?
Worst offensive line in Jaguars history.
Could Gene Smith actually be a better than Caldwell.  It is looking that way.

Quote:Could Gene Smith actually be a better than Caldwell. It is looking that way.
Lol i wouldnt go that far now..
Quote:It's the interior of the line. Mojo sucks now. And Daryl Smith is declining a lot.

I don't agree. Last year he was pretty [BLEEP] awesome, and I saw him do some decent things against the Steelers. I admittedly didn't see their first game, but I don't see how you can definitively make that statement based on one game.
Quote:Could Gene Smith actually be a better than Caldwell.  It is looking that way.
Trolololol
Shack certainly looks better than either Dave or Gene at this point.

Gus needs a new trick or two.

Caldwell is still developing.  

I think Caldwell is definitely to blame. Who else is?
The interior has been bad for a few years now. It's been this bad for a while.