Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South-Week 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last week saw the division's new coaches-Houston's Bill O'Brien and Tennessee's Ken Whisenhunt-win their debut games with their teams playing stingy defense.  Meanwhile, Jacksonville had the dubious distinction of recording five sacks and being +2 in the turnover ratio and still managing to lose by 17 to the Eagles, who, BTW, play against the Colts on Monday Night Football this week who lost a tough game in a tough spot at Denver.

The picks...

Houston
(1-0) at Oakland (0-1).  The Texans played some good defense last week in shutting down Washington.  However, this week, they go without prized rookie Jadeveon Clowney, who will miss the next 4-6 weeks due to a torn MCL.  However, they won't need him against a Raiders team with a new offensive line and a rookie QB getting his second ever start, and an offense that managed less than 160 yards of total offense last week.  Houston
20-Oakland 10.

Jacksonville
(0-1) at Washington
(0-1).  Washington had a moderate amount of success on the ground against Houston and RGIII threw for a decent amount of yardage (though a small YPA)m but they had no answer for JJ Watt.  Jacksonville doesn't have a J.J. Watt, but the Jaguars can produce a very good pass rush in a 7-8 man rotation.  Injuries and Henne cost the Jaguars another close loss, and the shouts for Bortles grow louder.  Washington
20 Jacksonville

Dallas
(0-1) at Tennessee
(1-0).  Romo has back issues.  Dez Bryant has injury issues.  Dallas still has no defense.  Tennessee
wins their home opener,  23-17.

Philadelphia
(1-0) at Indy
(0-1).  Nick Foles had a remarkable season last year with a 27-2 TD-INT ratio.  However, his game last week was less than remarkable, as he turned the ball over three times and was sacked 5 times.  Though I don't think the talent lacking Colts defense can do that to Foles or stop McCoy, I think Luck won't shut down in the second half the way Henne did.  Colts
27-Eagles

Last week:  3-1

Season Record:  3-1

Sounds like fun.

I've got:

Redskins over Jags

Raiders over Texans

Cowboys over Titans

Colts over Eagles

Last week: 3-1

Season record: 3-1

I'll go

Texans(I feel the raiders have along season ahead)

Cowboys(feel like romo might bounce back)

Eagles(maybe they got it together. Indy D doesn't)

And Jags.(just really hope they can win vs weakskins)

Didn't so this last week but would be fun to start now.
When the clots lose today, Gus has a great chance to make them go 0-3. All he has to do is say the words.

Even better, I have Shady going against THAT defense. 200 yards rushing and 98 receiving?

Redskins over Jags

Texans over Raiders

Titans over Cowboys

Eagles over Colts
Quote:When the clots lose today, Gus has a great chance to make them go 0-3. All he has to do is say the words.

Even better, I have Shady going against THAT defense. 200 yards rushing and 98 receiving?

First, you going to be waiting along time for the colts to lose today. Second 200 yards isn't going to happen against tne Colts Dline. They may have no pass rush, but they can stop the run.
I have:

Jags over Skins

Eagles over Colts

Cowboys over Titans

Raiders over Texans

Looks homerish, but the Colts can't stop anybody.  Texans have to travel to the west coast, and Cowboys will likely bounce back.

Last week I went 1-3.

Quote:I have:

Jags over Skins

Eagles over Colts

Cowboys over Titans

Raiders over Texans

Looks homerish, but the Colts can't stop anybody.  Texans have to travel to the west coast, and Cowboys will likely bounce back.

Last week I went 1-3.
I sure hope you are right.

A three way tie for first with the winless Colts coming to town next week would be huge, especially if Bortles made his debut as starter then.
Quote:When the clots lose today, Gus has a great chance to make them go 0-3. All he has to do is say the words.

My question is can the Iggles' OL open up holes for him the way they are banged up?
Quote:First, you going to be waiting along time for the colts to lose today. Second 200 yards isn't going to happen against tne Colts Dline. They may have no pass rush, but they can stop the run.

Really no reason to respond him.

I don't respond to him ever. He never makes sense and rarely has the ability to talk football.

Best to just ignore him.
Indy will be close with Philly but I see Indy grabbing the win.

Houston are destroying Oakland, the tacks lost though.

2-0 so far today. My Raiders pick isn't looking good, though.

JJ Watt got himself a touchdown reception.

2-2 for the week....5-3 for the season thus far,

Can't seem to figure out Tennessee.

I missed on Indy beating Philadelphia, but this was one of the rare times in my entire life I actually rooted for Philly, so I'm glad I was wrong there.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2-2 this week.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">5-3 overall.

Quote:

2-2 this week.

5-3 overall.

Hi mate. You not chatting to me this week?
Quote:Hi mate. You not chatting to me this week?

What about? I haven't seen your posts, post Colts game. Which is weird. You're usually following me around everywhere. I'll check out the other threads.
Quote:What about? I haven't seen your posts, post Colts game. Which is weird. You're usually following me around everywhere. I'll check out the other threads.

I was on holidays at the great barrier reef this weekend. You hoping we play Henne? 0-3 would be a disaster for you lot!
Quote:I was on holidays at the great barrier reef this weekend. You hoping we play Henne? 0-3 would be a disaster for you lot!

Doesn't matter.

I think Colts win no matter who you have behind center. I do agree, if we lost it would be a disaster and my opinion on the Colts/this season would change drastically. 
And you would eat a little crow for the hard time you have given a certain poster.

I think it will be close game as I don't think your dline can do a Washington on us.
Pages: 1 2