Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Lesean McCoy: Allen Hurns is a beast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe this doesn't warrant its own thread, but Lesean McCoy had a lot of great things to say about the Jaguars in his Yahoo blog post, particularly Allen Hurns

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fantasy-ro...54289.html

Quote: 

The first half we couldn’t do anything right and the <a class="" href='http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/jac/'>Jacksonville Jaguars</a> could. That team has a lot of young talent, but one player caught my eye: that rookie out The U (Miami),<a class="" href='http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/27874/'>Allen Hurns</a>. That kid is a beast and definitely a fantasy pick. I met him in Miami training this summer and he was real quiet but you could tell he had skills and his preseason showed he can ball.He caught two touchdowns right off the bat and finished with 4 catches for 110 yards against us in his first professional game. Not bad for a rook. Hopefully you picked him up and start him this week in your Yahoo Fantasy league.

Nice, and yes I was able to pick him up! 

Same here. I am starting him over Michael Floyd.

Someone has just gotten promotional comments from his peers...

NH3...
Quote:Same here. I am starting him over Michael Floyd.

Seriously!
Quote:Same here. I am starting him over Michael Floyd.

You think Hurns will do better against the Redskins defense then Floyd against the Giants? 

Interested to see how that turns out
Do they typically have writeups from players?  I would much rather read that than the normal drivel coming from yahoo

Quote:You think Hurns will do better against the Redskins defense then Floyd against the Giants? 

I have to make the same call tomorrow.  Floyd looked good last week but not TD.  Fitz can soak up a redzone look, Hurns has little competition.
Im not so sure about starting Hurns over Floyd just yet. Floyd is going to have a big year. I really liked him coming out of ND. Imagine trading back and taking him instead of B14ckmon. Oh well, I still like ole JB #FreeB14ckmon
I pulled Hurns out of my fantasy lineup yesterday, with the thinking that it is Henne throwing to him in an away stadium.  McCoy's comments will have me rethinking that thought. 

Quote:I pulled Hurns out of my fantasy lineup yesterday, with the thinking that it is Henne throwing to him in an away stadium.  
How is that different than last week?   Though, I'm sure his name has been mentioned in Redskins practice this week.
FF players: y'all don't be hero. Hurns will likely be blanketed tomorrow.

Quote:You think Hurns will do better against the Redskins defense then Floyd against the Giants? 

Interested to see how that turns out.

The Redskins are missing one of their best defensive players for at least eight weeks. Last year, they were worse than the Giants. So yes, it is possible.
That's awesome to see stars already talking about him, hoping he keeps people talking.
Quote:That's awesome to see stars already talking about him, hoping he keeps people talking.

It is pretty obvious an Eagles player who watched him on the sideline would say stuff like that. He got a better view than we did of how Allen Hurns ran routes and caught passes. But I don't know if it would come from a Redskins player this week.

Quote:It is pretty obvious an Eagles player who watched him on the sideline would say stuff like that. He got a better view than we did of how Allen Hurns ran routes and caught passes. But I don't know if it would come from a Redskins player this week.

I would think we would have a better view. We get to see different camera views and stuff. He just sees a guy running by him, assuming his offensive line isn't standing in front of him.
Was able to add Hurns as well. Calvin Johnson, Michael Floyd, Cordarrelle Patterson, Allen Hurns, Kelvin Benjamin are my WRs. In a 12 man league!

Carson Palmer hasn't practiced this week.
Love me some hurns BUT I would not be starting him in fantasy if Cecil Shorts was on the field. With it still being Lee/Robinson/Hurns/Brown, Ill keep em' in there.