Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: how will the new drug policy affect ace sanders status?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Insight please?
It's hard to tell since we're not even sure what drug Ace was popped for.
Ikr? I see references to how the new policy will effect other players in the news. But absolutely no reference to ace
It will only affect him if he tested below the new threshold for weed.

He went to rehab so I'm thinking weed wasn't the issue.

Quote:It will only affect him if he tested below the new threshold for weed.

He went to rehab so I'm thinking weed wasn't the issue.

Wrong. It will affect him if he tested for the same thing Wes Welker did. Welker will be eligible to return.
He gets to smoke 2 blunts a week now
Quote:Wrong. It will affect him if he tested for the same thing Wes Welker did. Welker will be eligible to return.

Annoying.
Quote:Annoying.

What is?
Quote:Wrong. It will affect him if he tested for the same thing Wes Welker did. Welker will be eligible to return.
Not true Josh Gordon go his time reduced too, and he was suspended for weed, its not only Wes Welker who was suspended for Molly
Ace could be re-instated - but the problem is we don't know what he tested for.  

If it was marijuana and he tested for a very small amount, then he could be back next week since the limit allowed to be present in the players blood has increased.  

The short answer is:  No one knows yet. 

Welker was suspended for a PED. Ace was suspended for a recreational drug. Big difference.

We don't know exactly what drug Ace was suspended for, but we do know for a fact it wasn't considered a PED like what got Welker suspended. The league won't comment on the specific drug, but they will release the information of whether the drug was considered a PED or a recreational drug because they receive different disciplinary action.
Quote:Not true Josh Gordon go his time reduced too, and he was suspended for weed, its not only Wes Welker who was suspended for Molly

I did not say it was only for Wes Welker. I was pointing out it is not only for Josh Gordon. Learn how to read.
Quote:Welker was suspended for a PED. Ace was suspended for a recreational drug. Big difference.

We don't know exactly what drug Ace was suspended for, but we do know for a fact it wasn't considered a PED like what got Welker suspended. The league won't comment on the specific drug, but they will release the information of whether the drug was considered a PED or a recreational drug because they receive different disciplinary action.

My understanding is part of the deal is changing the definition of a PED, so in Welker's case, it is about recategorizing ampthetamine IIRC. I have to read it again to make sure.

It is called confidentiality. Often nobody knows exactly which drug gets a player suspended. Even in Justin Blackmon's case, we are just guessing it is alcohol.
Quote:My understanding is part of the deal is changing the definition of a PED, so in Welker's case, it is about recategorizing ampthetamine IIRC. I have to read it again to make sure.

It is called confidentiality. Often nobody knows exactly which drug gets a player suspended. Even in Justin Blackmon's case, we are just guessing it is alcohol.
Like I said, the NFL announces whether the failed drug test was for a PED or a recreational drug.

Ace is on his second strike for recreational drug use. The rule change that affects Welker has zero bearing on Ace's situation.
I don't know if there should be a tolerance for drugs when the people you are paying are making millions.. there's so many that will play for less and not do drugs. Why does the league feel the need to allow players to just do a little drugs here and there... hit just a few women as long as we can keep it quiet... kill just a few people as long as the media doesn't think we know about it...

Quote:He gets to smoke 2 blunts a week now
LOL! Classic! :thumbsup: