Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***OFFICIAL*** Week 2 Injury Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unfortunately, our list is worse than Washington's this week. This is the official thread because I am posting all injuries for both teams. I will do this every week again like I did in the past. This is the final list with everyone's game status.

JAGUARS

SS Jonathan Cyprien (concussion) DNP Out

TE Clayton Harbor Calf DNP Out

LB Geno Hayes Full Will Play

RB Westleigh Johnson Ankle DNP Out

DT Roy Miller Full Will Play

RT Austin Pasztor Hand DNP Out

WR Cecil Shorts Hamstring DNP Doubtful

CB Dwayne Gratz Ankle Full Probable

WR Marqise Lee Hamstring Full Probable

TE Marcedes Lewis Knee Full Probable

RB Toby Gerhart Ankle Limited Probable

CB Alan Ball Abdomen Limited Questionable

OT Abry Jones Abdomen Limited Probable

REDSKINS

DE Kendric Golson Groin DNP Doubtful

LB Akeen Jordan Knee DNP Out

CB Tracy Porter Hamstring DNP Out

TE Jordan Reed Hamstring DNP Out

S Duke Ihenacho Ankle Full Questionable

OT Tyler Polumbus Ankle Full Questionable

OT Trent Williams Shoulder Full Probable

K Kai Forbath Right Groin Limited Questionable

LB Brian Orakpo Ankle Limited Questionable

Note: DT Barry Cofield (ankle) is on IR/DTR.
Orakpo limited is a good sign. And at least Evans is starting instead of Prosinski in Cyps spot I heard.
Roy miller and Geno Hayes took veteran day off

Good news about Lee and Gratz...  Thanks JW!

Quote:Good news about Lee and Gratz...  Thanks JW!

I knew somebody would appreciate the time I spend doing this.

Cyrprien has officially been ruled out, as expected.
Thanks.  

Good to see Gratz, Evans, Lee, Lewis likely to play

Quote:Thanks.  

Good to see Gratz, Evans, Lee, Lewis likely to play
Lesser of two evils, IMO.  Still a liability. 
Quote:Lesser of two evils, IMO.  Still a liability. 

in his limited playing time last week, evans played pretty solid.

also glad to see gratz and lee will be a go even though people were ruining their underwear with the "OMGZ SO MANY INJURIES!!!"
Quote:Lesser of two evils, IMO. Still a liability.
Best thing you can say about Evans: He's not Prozinski.

Beyond that....
Quote:in his limited playing time last week, evans played pretty solid.

I was disappointed in his play.  

On the Ertz TD  - Telvin Smith should have stayed with the TE in coverage, but Evans took to long to break that way (even after the ball was released)  and he took a really bad line arriving late and too deep to break up the play.  It would have been a nice play to break it up, but it was do-able. He had a chance to shine there and blew it IMO. 

GIF here:

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top.../?p=284063
Quote:I was disappointed in his play.  

On the Ertz TD  - Telvin Smith should have stayed with the TE in coverage, but Evans took to long to break that way (even after the ball was released)  and he took a really bad line arriving late and too deep to break up the play.  It would have been a nice play to break it up, but it was do-able. He had a chance to shine there and blew it IMO. 

GIF here:

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top.../?p=284063

well i didnt expect him to be stellar. the only real thing i could say bad was he missed tackles.

i didnt know it but apparently he got pulled for prosinski because he was missing tackles. i thought it was because he banged up his leg.
these young guys are going to take some time to develop. its a process and its gonna be painful to watch sometimes.

Quote:these young guys are going to take some time to develop. its a process and its gonna be painful to watch sometimes.
True. Also notable - Evans worked at FS last year and is working at SS behind Cyp this year. So - learning some different responsibilities...

Cyp is out and Shorts is listed doubtful

Quote:Unfortunately, our list is worse than Washington's this week. 

First off, thanks for the list JW.

Note that the list doesn't include the Redskins starting NT Cofield, who is out with a high ankle sprain. That's as significant as Cyprien.

Quote:I was disappointed in his play.

On the Ertz TD - Telvin Smith should have stayed with the TE in coverage, but Evans took to long to break that way (even after the ball was released) and he took a really bad line arriving late and too deep to break up the play. It would have been a nice play to break it up, but it was do-able. He had a chance to shine there and blew it IMO.

GIF here:
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/6700-fun-with-eaglesjags-all-22/?p=284063'>http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/6700-fun-with-eaglesjags-all-22/?p=284063</a>

Seems pretty nitpicky considering there's an open WR on the outside running towards him.
Hopefully Frangie is Doubtful as well
Quote:Seems pretty nitpicky considering there's an open WR on the outside running towards him.
The ball was being thrown to the TE as Gratz let the outside receiver you're referring to go past.  Guy noticed it first - but was too far away. Evans noticed it a beat later and took a bad line.  His primary responsibility was probably the outside guy - but when the ball's in the air….

Sure it's nitpicky - but moreso because T. Smith should have stuck with the TE in coverage instead of letting him back to the safeties. 

Regardless  - I hope the guy can make some plays this week. I'm pulling for him, just not confident in his ability as of now. 
Quote:First off, thanks for the list JW.

Note that the list doesn't include the Redskins starting NT Cofield, who is out with a high ankle sprain. That's as significant as Cyprien.

That is because thre Redskins put Cofield on IR-recall.
This thread is obviously a winner so next week I will make sure to start it earlier.

I am still confused about Geno Hayes and Roy Miller. They were full participants in practice with no injuries, so why are they on the injury report?