Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fun With Eagles/Jags All-22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thought I'd share a few interesting screenshots from the 1st quarter of last game with those who haven't seen these angles.  I'd be happy to check on a few specific plays as well if you have a question about something not seen in the broadcast coverage. 

Hurns' first TD.  I found it interesting that Lee ran the mirror route opposite him and was also WIDE open. You can see each receiver with two steps on the DB.

[Image: 335dwn8.jpg]

Also  - Chad released that ball a step before Hurns makes his cut. Nice timing and sort of explains why Hurns had to adjust to it. 

[Image: mifho7.jpg]

Next up - Branch sack #1

Pull up the long pass from the one to Hurns. It seemed like during the game, if it was a better thrown ball that Hurns could have gone 99 yards.

Branch may have saved a TD by getting to Foles even though Foles held the ball quite a while. He was waiting for the TE to get past the safeties - which he did. Seen here:

[Image: 28i56rs.jpg]

That's Alualu and Branch bookending Foles BTW.  Alualu get loose first and made Foles back up right into  the charging Branch. Hood recovered the fumble. 

4th and one play if you can would be great.

The Sproles td
Quote:Pull up the long pass from the one to Hurns. It seemed like during the game, if it was a better thrown ball that Hurns could have gone 99 yards.
He caught it in stride IIRC. Checking. 
Quote:4th and one play if you can would be great.

The Sproles td
I posted 4 shots of the 4th and 1 in a thread you posted in.
Quote:Pull up the long pass from the one to Hurns. It seemed like during the game, if it was a better thrown ball that Hurns could have gone 99 yards.
[Image: 34s5oh1.jpg]

Good throw - good catch. 
Quote:I posted 4 shots of the 4th and 1 in a thread you posted in.

I meant the sproles td.
Quote:4th and one play if you can would be great.

The Sproles td
Sproles TD was broken down pretty thoroughly as well.  What are you looking for specifically? 
Quote:Sproles TD was broken down pretty thoroughly as well.  What are you looking for specifically?

The d line mostly
Quote:The d line mostly

They broke down the play on Jaguars Monday or Jaguars All Access. The Tackles both shaded outside of the Guards (lined up in 3T) giving the Center and Sproles completely free passage to the 2nd level. If I remember right, JT Thomas also had the back 7 lined up in a completely different play than the Dline. 

The whole thing was a catastrophe.
Can you post the Maclin TD?
Quote:They broke down the play on Jaguars Monday or Jaguars All Access. The Tackles both shaded outside of the Guards (lined up in 3T) giving the Center and Sproles completely free passage to the 2nd level. If I remember right, JT Thomas also had the back 7 lined up in a completely different play than the Dline.

The whole thing was a catastrophe.

Whaa? That's just bad.
Quote:The d line mostly

Here you can see the line not quite set just before snap as well as the safeties swapping sides. (LOL) Linebackers looking at each other with question marks in their eyes. 

[Image: 311wemr.jpg]

Then you can see in the next shot that the center comes forward untouched to block the MLB.  Hayes (I think) who is  above the MLB in the shot -  is about to get tangled with the RG inexplicably when he could have filled the gap. 

[Image: 9k0cip.jpg]

This was definitely a different outcome had #51 and #37 been out there  - or had Gus called the T.O. 

Quote:Whaa? That's just bad.

This tempo call was an Eagles go-to: inside zone<span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;">. When Sproles was tackled on the screen, the game clock read 12:08. When Jason Kelce snapped the ball to Nick Foles on the next play, it read 11:52. Just 16 seconds had elapsed.</span>

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:15px;">"I don’t know what the defensive call was, but it didn’t seem like they were lined up properly," Kelce said. "Usually on a 4th-and-1, you don’t want two three-techniques [defensive tackles lined up between the guards and tackles], but we just ran our track, the way that we always do on that play. ...I think that’s what this offense can do. When you’re really moving fast, going quickly, it forces people to line up. And if they’re not gonna line up, that’s when big plays can happen."

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:15px;">------

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:15px;">Even Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley acknowledged what had happened.

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:15px;">"We had some miscommunication with the defensive line and in the back end [on that play]," he said. "Our front didn't match the back end and they got the 49-yard run. ...When we line up and play, we played very well. But we can't do that. I think some of those plays that they got in the second half, they executed in a time that we weren't ready."

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:15px;">Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/0...AExjWQE.99
Quote:Here you can see the line not quite set just before snap as well as the safeties swapping sides. (LOL) Linebackers looking at each other with question marks in their eyes. 
[Image: 311wemr.jpg]

Then you can see in the next shot that the center comes forward untouched to block the MLB.  Hayes (I think) above the MLB in the shot is about to get tangled with the RG inexplicably when he could have filled the gap. 
[Image: 9k0cip.jpg]

Thanks man. Appreciate it.
Quote:Can you post the Maclin TD?
Looks like - since they aren't in nickel - Guy comes up to man an uncovered receiver.    

[Image: otdzf9.jpg]

He gets caught peeking inside to check on the slot guy (who Prosinski is moving forward to cover) and let's Maclin release deep. 

[Image: ezkb6b.jpg]

Notice the heads up adjustment by Gratz trying to switch to the free-running Maclin, but obviously unable to do so quickly enough. 

Very cool thread NYC.  :thumbsup:

Quote:Looks like - since they aren't in nickel - Guy comes up to man an uncovered receiver.
[Image: otdzf9.jpg]

He gets caught peeking inside to check on the slot guy (who Prosinski is moving forward to cover) and let's Maclin release deep.

[Image: ezkb6b.jpg]

Notice the heads up adjustment by Gratz trying to switch to the free-running Maclin, but obviously unable to do so quickly enough.

Thanks. Looks like more miscommunication. Hopefully we get that cleared up this week.
Quote:Thanks. Looks like more miscommunication. Hopefully we get that cleared up this week.

I think that's the good news to take from the big plays. They all seemed to come on massive miscommunication, which should be fixed pretty easily.
Pages: 1 2 3