Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We could see Allen Hurns and Allen Robinson at the x and z this week..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If Shorts and Lee can't play then these guys will be the starting WR sunday.. Looking forward to seeing more of the Hurns show.. This guy is becoming quite the fantasy darling.. He keeps this up he'll sooner than later will start over Shorts as the x WR.. Robinson should be ok now i hope we now have 2 big WR something we haven't had since 2007..

How much did Robinson play vs the Eagles?  I don't remember seeing him targeted.

Quote:How much did Robinson play vs the Eagles?  I don't remember seeing him targeted.

I didn't even notice he played lol..

Brown should and will start if Lee doesn't.
Quote:Brown should and will start if Lee doesn't.

If Shorts plays then no way Brown starts over Lee being abscent.. Hurns will be that number 2 WR.. Brown might be the slot though which he was last week vs the Eagles.. Robinson had limited reps vs Eagles because of nagging hammy injury.. Hopefully he's ready and can be major contributor to the team.. Basically if Robinson is healthy this is the lineup: Shorts/Hurns/Robinson/Brown not counting Lee because of Hammy injury.. We need that big physical WR over the middle.. Can't wait for Ace Sanders to return so we have more WR depth man lol..

WR

Remember when we were getting 5 or 6 guys hurt in early training camp and OTA'S.

Looks like that IS the way its going to be this year. Wallbash

Quote:If Shorts plays then no way Brown starts over Lee being abscent.. Hurns will be that number 2 WR.. Brown might be the slot though which he was last week vs the Eagles.. Robinson had limited reps vs Eagles because of nagging hammy injury.. Hopefully he's ready and can be major contributor to the team.. Basically if Robinson is healthy this is the lineup: Shorts/Hurns/Robinson/Brown not counting Lee because of Hammy injury.. We need that big physical WR over the middle.. Can't wait for Ace Sanders to return so we have more WR depth man lol..

If shorts plays he should in the slot. Brown and hurns on the outside. Lee back on the outside inside wherever when he is healthy. Robinson on the outside when he is healthy and knows the system but that'll be a while.
Quote:How much did Robinson play vs the Eagles?  I don't remember seeing him targeted.
He got targeted 3 times on little bubble passes but they were always broken up instantly.
I still say we will see the lineup of Hurns/Lee/Robinson or Robinson/Lee depending on the 2 and 3 WR sets..

I just don't believe Shorts can stay healthy..

Especially all of the 16 games in a season won't happen..

If Shorts proves me wrong then it's Shorts/Hurns/Lee in 3 WR sets..

Not including AR15 as the 4th WR.. He is talented also we have 4 young really good WR..

Quote:I just don't believe Shorts can stay healthy..

Especially all of the 16 games in a season won't happen..
Given that he's already missed one game, I'd say that playing in all 16 this year is a bit of a long shot.
Quote:Given that he's already missed one game, I'd say that playing in all 16 this year is a bit of a long shot.
lol your right though this is his contract year right??.. What has he done.... wait NOTHING..
Quote:If shorts plays he should in the slot. Brown and hurns on the outside. Lee back on the outside inside wherever when he is healthy. Robinson on the outside when he is healthy and knows the system but that'll be a while.
I agree with this asessment.. Hurns Brown in 2 WR sets.. Hurns Shorts Brown in 3 wide.. depending if Lee plays which i doubt..
HERO OF THE DAY with a late night WR post... I'm shocked!
If Shorts wants big money, he will need to look else where next year.

Why is everyone giving up on Shorts? He's been our best WR for the last 2 years (with Gabbert and Henne throwing him the ball). I'd love to see him play with a legit QB.

Hurns has had one good regular season game, Shorts has had multiple. I like Hurns but can we chill out a bit.

Quote:Why is everyone giving up on Shorts? He's been our best WR for the last 2 years (with Gabbert and Henne throwing him the ball). I'd love to see him play with a legit QB.

Hurns has had one good regular season game, Shorts has had multiple. I like Hurns but can we chill out a bit.
Just typical knee-jerk reactions.  If Shorts can get on the field soon and stay healthy, he'll contribute and be offered a reasonable contract, IMO. 

He will, however,  need to get out there and do something fairly soon or the injury thing will shift from "concern" to "problem." 
Quote:He got targeted 3 times on little bubble passes but they were always broken up instantly.
Actually his first target was a 10 yard comeback route on which he was blanketed and Henne threw it at his feet since he was being hit as he released the ball. 

Quote:How much did Robinson play vs the Eagles? I don't remember seeing him targeted.

He had one catch for minimal yardage.
Robinson would be disastrous as a starter as it appears that there is little familiarity with the play book beyond bubble screens with him so far.  It should be Hurns and Brown to start.  Hopefully we have Lee and/or Shorts left in there though.  We're getting short at that spot.  

I don't think that Robinson will start, because the comments from the coaches suggest he hasn't had enough practice with the team. So if Shorts and Lee are out it will be Brown and Hurns I think.
Pages: 1 2