Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Conditioning Training
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It seems to appear that a lot of players are getting injured on this team. I'm wandering what they do for conditioning. 

not jut conditioning but dieting, what you eat has just as big of an impact on your body

Quote:not jut conditioning but dieting, what you eat has just as big of an impact on your body

That's why I stick strictly to doughnuts.

Two questions:

How do they get hurt?

What type of injuries do they have?

Soft tissue injuries can be the results of improper training technique, failure to stretch during warmups, and what they do in practice. The day of the week it happens can also have an effect, as not all three practices are in full pads.

Just an idea that I don't know is true: Could the player's position make him more or less suspectible to certain injuries, besides the kicker's right leg and quarterback's right arm?

Quote:not jut conditioning but dieting, what you eat has just as big of an impact on your body

Still waiting for the NFL strength and conditioning community to join this century and move along from fat guys and gatorade.
Quote:It seems to appear that a lot of players are getting injured on this team. I'm wandering what they do for conditioning. 

How the hell would we know?
Quote:Still waiting for the NFL strength and conditioning community to join this century and move along from fat guys and gatorade.

You think Shorts, Robinson and Lee are "fat"???
Not counting injuries from hits directly to the joints or head:

Skill players pull hamstrings, calves, get turf toe, and sprain ankles.

Big guys sprain ankles, pop tendons and ligaments, and break bones.

Thus has it been, thus will it ever be.

Gee, I wonder how all the other teams remain injury-free? sarcasm\
I get a lot of headaches watching this team.
Quote:It seems to appear that a lot of players are getting injured on this team. I'm wandering what they do for conditioning. 

Where are you wandering?
There's no magic trick to not get injured.  Over a period of time, all teams have injuries despite their best practices that are performed with diet/conditioning/training.  It is the NFL and it is going to happen.  

Do you guys watch football ever? I watched the Detroit game and they had a corner tear an ACL. The next game San Diego lost their center with a season ender. In our game, the Eagles lost two offensive linemen. I would say the majority of NFL games feature a player suffering a season ending injury.

It is part of the game.

Cause we have had so many more season ending injuries than the other teams hurr durr

Quote:Gee, I wonder how all the other teams remain injury-free? sarcasm\

It sure would be nice if they could all stay injury-free! Unfortunately injuries are just part of the game and no matter how hard they try, trainers and conditioning coaches can't prevent them.

I think before people start blaming the trainers and assistants, they should notice exactly what type of tissue is injured: muscle, ligament, tendon, cartilage, spinal disc, bone, or the brain.
Quote:Do you guys watch football ever? I watched the Detroit game and they had a corner tear an ACL. The next game San Diego lost their center with a season ender. In our game, the Eagles lost two offensive linemen. I would say the majority of NFL games feature a player suffering a season ending injury.

It is part of the game.

I think people are ignoring games that do not involve the Jaguars, so they only see us and our opponents suffer injuries. Fans also remember Gene Smith putting a lot of players on injured reserve and don't read any other team's IR list. People like me who root for more than one team understand all 32 teams have injured players.
Only Jaguars get injured
Have to admit though, it seems we have a ton of hamstring injuries. I don't know if it is more then normal, but the fact that we have gone through so many strength and conditioning coaches it makes you think the front office thinks they aren't doing a good job.
Justin Forsett having a very good year in Baltimore. All he did here was get hamstring problems...........Hmmmmm?

Quote:Only Jaguars get injured

Only idiots say stuff like that.
Pages: 1 2 3