Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Any Cyprien news?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Is he out next week, what is the deal?

No news other than he's in the league concussion protocol.

Injury reports are updated mid-week. 

Ummm... he hurted his head.

Official injury reports start after practice on Wednesday for all 32 teams because they include DNP (did not practice), LIP (limited in practice), and FPIP (full participation in practice). OK they don't use all of those acronyms, but that is what I will call them from now on. So unless a player has been ruled out for multiple games, such as MJD when he broke his foot, you have to wait until Wednesday for an injury update.

That said, I would be totally shocked if Jonathan Cyprien travels with the team. When has any player recovered from a concussion in less than a week?

I recovered from a concussion in less than a week but unfortunately the bottle was then empty.

Regards....................the Chiefjag

Quote:I recovered from a concussion in less than a week but unfortunately the bottle was then empty.

When that happened, it was widely considered OK to play with a concussion. Not anymore. Not in the NFL.
Really?

Quote:Really?

Yep. I know a guy who said he broke his helmet and just got a new one, then went back to the game, not even knowing where he was.

We don't have to worry about Jonathan Cyprien doing that. The NFL's concussion protocol is mandatory.
You don't say?
Quote:You don't say?

You know I am always serious, right?

Anyway, back to Cyprien: How many games do you think he will miss?
Quote:I recovered from a concussion in less than a week but unfortunately the bottle was then empty.

Regards....................the Chiefjag

Last time I had a concussion like that it took me almost a whole week.  Today at my age, it would take considerably longer.
Quote:Last time I had a concussion like that it took me almost a whole week.  Today at my age, it would take considerably longer.

Were you blacked out for a few seconds? That part is why I worry about how many games he will miss.
Quote:Were you blacked out for a few seconds? That part is why I worry about how many games he will miss.

I was blacked out longer than a few seconds.  It was more like hours and felt like days.
There are a few questions we just don't know the answers too.

-How severe was it?

-How did he feel on Monday and Tuesday?

-Is this the first time he has ever had an incident?
Quote:There are a few questions we just don't know the answers too.

-How severe was it?

-How did he feel on Monday and Tuesday?

-Is this the first time he has ever had an incident?

See if he has a Twitter account. He would answer your second question there.

I know there are specific criteria for calling a concussion mild, moderate, or severe. He did not throw up or stagger, but we don't know if his memory is OK.

Quote:See if he has a Twitter account. He would answer your second question there.

I know there are specific criteria for calling a concussion mild, moderate, or severe. He did not throw up or stagger, but we don't know if his memory is OK.

Throwing up, staggering and loss of memory is very common when dealing with a concussion such as what theChiefJag and I have experienced in the past.
Breaking News:

Hopes for Cyprien's return to play vs. the Redskins were greatly diminished following his arrest today stemming from a routine traffic stop. 

Cyprien reportedly insisted repeatedly to officers that he was, indeed, The Batman. 

[Image: bdw9x5.jpg]
Quote:When that happened, it was widely considered OK to play with a concussion. Not anymore. Not in the NFL.

Quote:Really?

Quote:Yep. I know a guy who said he broke his helmet and just got a new one, then went back to the game, not even knowing where he was.

We don't have to worry about Jonathan Cyprien doing that. The NFL's concussion protocol is mandatory.

Quote:You don't say?

Quote:You know I am always serious, right?

Anyway, back to Cyprien: How many games do you think he will miss?

God, I love this site.  I need to visit more often.
I think Cyprien will miss less than one game!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5