Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Future of WR Allen Hurns?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With Allen Hurns great play so far, where should we expect him to wind up in this offense during the next few weeks? Is he going to slide into the WR2 spot over Marqise Lee? Or stay at the WR3 position? Could he take Cecil shorts WR1 position?
I think he will eventually become our number one if he keeps it up. He's looking outstanding and CS3 can't stay healthy.

Once it clicks with Lee and Robinson, I don't think they will resign Shorts.
Hes done nothing but impress
No matter what spot he plays he will do well because him and Henne seem to click. At the end of the day, I think Hurns will turn out to be a fantastic number 2 receiver. However, I don't ever see him as a true number 1 guy.

I think if Shorts keeps being made of glass and Hurns keeps on making plays he could be our #1 next season.

What sucks is Lee nor anyone else made plays when Hurns was being double covered after halftime.

Good question.  Hard to say.  I could see him being number 2 for a while.  The WR position is definitely in a state of flux.

Quote:No matter what spot he plays he will do well because him and Henne seem to click. At the end of the day, I think Hurns will turn out to be a fantastic number 2 receiver. However, I don't ever see him as a true number 1 guy.
Why not?
Hard to tell if he's getting lucky or he's just that good but I'm hoping he's just that good

Let's take a deep  breath and see how things play out as the season progresses.  He could completely disappear this week. 

The ESPN fantasy "gurus" just said Hurns week 1 was a fluke, and that if you pick up a WR in fantasy, it should be Lee. What a joke, I hope he lights the Skins up.

Based on the Eagles game, Allen Hurns seems to be better than Marqise Lee. But if that was true, Hurns would have been a first round pick by another team. It can be at Philadelphia, Hurns was better, but at Washington, Lee will be better. If that happens, so what, that means we have two good receivers who deserve the starting job. And that is a good thing, especially with the Cecil Shorts and Allen Robinson injuries.

I said this early, Hurns number 1, Lee on the opposite outside and Shorts inside.  Robinson can sub for either outside spot when he learns the playbook more and Shorts can obviously play outside but is better inside.

I'm thinking Robinson also becomes a good one.Jags have 3 really good wr's to develop

I just hope all our new dudes drafted or not...improve and get better.

Robinson, Lee and Hurns could be awesome.

Receivers, since Smith and McCardell have always been a problem for this team.

If we could wind up with three good receivers....we'd be set.

edit - Brown, Sanders and Shorts will have to step it up.

We'd be set for a long time.  We are definitely over due for some good WR play.

He has shown up at every level. Being an undrafted free agents means he had to work all the way up the WR ranks. This isnt a fluke. Hes good.

Stud. We need more studs like him
He's the best receiver on the roster.
Hurns is playing well but it probably has to do with the fact he is already comfortable in this offense from playing for Fisch at the U. Give the others some more time in system. We have a lot of talent at WR. They will start showing up.

He went from overall 61 to 73 on madden so the future is looking bright Big Grin

Pages: 1 2