Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jadeveon Clowney could be out for a while after reportedly injuring his MCL.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Torn meniscus. Looking at 4-6 weeks after surgery.
Porcelain tiger.

While certainly not major, same as with the other injuries he's dealt with, the accumulated toll of all these injuries will eventually begin to show effects if the frequency continues. 

The name theory seems to be working here just like with SHorts. :whistling: 

Quote:While certainly not major, same as with the other injuries he's dealt with, the accumulated toll of all these injuries will eventually begin to show effects if the frequency continues.

Torn meniscus is a little worse than a strained hamstring though.

On one hand you have a mid round pick WR.

On the other you have one of the top 5 hyped prospects in the last 10 years who went number one overall.

Clowney couldn't even make it through 1 NFL game.
I can't see how Clowney could get back in game shape this year.........They should put him on IR and let him rehabilitate
Remember he is the #1 pick. Wow this is bad! They could have had Bortles.

Quote:Remember he is the #1 pick. Wow this is bad! They could have had Bortles.

They're just getting into position to draft a good QB next year.

Bortles just wasn't worthy of the #1 pick.
Quote:While certainly not major, same as with the other injuries he's dealt with, the accumulated toll of all these injuries will eventually begin to show effects if the frequency continues. 

Just can't help bring your agendas along like saddlebags into any thread you wander upon. 
Quote:I can't see how Clowney could get back in game shape this year.........They should put him on IR and let him rehabilitate

They could do that with the designated to return tag.  That would keep him out 6-9 weeks. 
Wow that happened quickly.

And this is exactly what we don't want to happen to our #1 pick.

Bring him a long and let Henne be Henne for the first half. Then swap 'em out.

Quote:They're just getting into position to draft a good QB next year.

Bortles just wasn't worthy of the #1 pick.
lol
Quote:lol

The sad part is there's been plenty of Bortles sour grapes out of the Houston fans that post here.

Can't blame them, though, it's a tough pill to swallow when you figure out your team let a franchise guy slip through your fingers.
And being reported injury was caused by the poor playing surface in their billion dollar stadium. Wow.
They better get used to him getting hurt....seems to happen a lot.

Yeah, we're dang lucky they didn't take Bortles.......but following the hype, if they went QB it would probably have been someone else.
Quote:They better get used to him getting hurt....seems to happen a lot.

Yeah, we're dang lucky they didn't take Bortles.......but following the hype, if they went QB it would probably have been someone else.

I was hoping they would take Johnny Swan, but I know coach O'Brien doesn't prefer that type of smallish QB.
Quote:And being reported injury was caused by the poor playing surface in their billion dollar stadium. Wow.

It happens.

Boselli tore his ACL in the last regular season game of 1999 in the grass at then Alltel Stadium, without being hit.
Quote:And being reported injury was caused by the poor playing surface in their billion dollar stadium. Wow.

Kinda surprised they dont just switch to field turf permanently like they did for the Wisconsin vs. LSU game.
Quote:I was hoping they would take Johnny Swan, but I know coach O'Brien doesn't prefer that type of smallish QB.

Too bad we can't call him Johnny Bench, because there's a sports HOFer with that name.
Pages: 1 2