Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: offensive line is a huge problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They need to add some decent run blockers at least
Yes.

It's going to be a long year.  They can't run or pass block.  This is why they were trying to pay a fortune to Alex Mack. 

its' this guy

[Image: Jedd-Fisch.jpg]

We can just run down to the oline store and get a couple.....
I thought the o-line would of been worse.  The announcers raved about them.

Quote:We can just run down to the oline store and get a couple.....

Or trade Cecil Shorts for multiple starters.
OL is an issue but this shouldn't surprise anyone I hope. The talent is still a little thin there and what we do have will take some time to gel. They'll play better as time goes on. I thought the pass blocking was actually respectable overall today.
The OL was a known problem before the 2014 draft.  From the 2nd round on I kept thinking the next pick would be a center.  It didn't happen until the 6th round.    Sad

Quote:Or trade Cecil Shorts for multiple starters.

Who would trade multiple starters for Capt Hammy?
Quote:The OL was a known problem before the 2014 draft.  From the 2nd round on I kept thinking the next pick would be a center.  It never happened.   Sad

They tried for Mack, but yeah, I woulda thought a lineman somewhere in the draft.

I'm sure the team is scouring the waiver wires.

Last thing we need is to put in Bortles and get him killed.

I'm sure Henne wants Bortles in too after the whacks he got.
Hopefully McClendon gets better.  Beadles would pancake a guy on one play and whiff the next... if we wanted that we would have kept Uche.  Hopefully Pazstor comes back quickly.  Hopefully Bowanko develops quickly.

I feel like there are two pieces of the puzzle remaining before we become a really good team.  A better Oline and a really good corner.  They've done a great job filling all the other holes in just two offseasons.  I feel confident next year these other two needs will be fixed.

Quote:Who would trade multiple starters for Capt Hammy?

I forgot to tap the sarcasm button as you may have as well.
start listening to this at 1:45 and you'll see what i'm saying about Fisch

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...85dc3b6a5b

Worst line in the league easily.
Hopefully Pasztor is ready to come back.  He isn't going to fix all of our issues of course, but there's really nowhere to go but up.